No More Goody Two Shoes [Emo Love Story]

I sat in the blacked out Cadillac, smiling at my mom. "Sorry, dear," she said and glanced at me. My smile disappeared.

"What?" I sighed.

"Gotta go back to the office. There's this case I'm working on..." She drove off the curb of the school's front yard and towards her laywers office in the city. "This kid is being framed for stabbing his old friend. And his parents are trying to disown him."

"Whose side are you on?" I said and pulled my blonde hair out of my ponytail, shaking it free. My curls bounced off of my shoulders, one was on my nose. I wiggled my nose a little, and ended up sneezing.

"Chase's, of course," she said. "I feel terrible. What parents would try and disown their child? Especially when the parents are divorced!" She huffed. Her blonde hair was short, and very straight. "I just need to talk with him today, and then we're off to court in two days," she said softly.

I brought my school bookbag to her office with me to do homework, which I had a lot of. She swung open her office door, and there sat a kid, leaning back in the leather chair in front of my mom's desk.

"Chase, you're early!" she smiled at him.

"Jon dropped me off two miles out side of the city." I heard his deep voice mumble. "He threw ten dollars at me and told me to--" he changed his voice into a old-man, smokers voice, "--'Get churr ass outta meh car, you rotten punk!'." Although it wasn't a nice statement, I could kind of hear the smile in his voice. He's up to no good.

"We'll get to the bottom of this," my mother said. I stood at the door, not knowing exactly where to go. She slid on her slick, black rimmed glasses, and glanced up at me from under them. "Oh, Chase. This is my daughter, Sam." She smiled, and gave a gesture towards me. He turned in his leather seat.

His hair went to his shoulders, and his bangs went to right above his eyes. His hair was blacker then black, and had a tint of blue. His eyes were neon blue, and held my gaze. He had his lips pierced, and a septum piercing hung in his nose.

"Chase," he said and stood up. He held out his hand, and I shook it.

"Samantha Molina," I said. My mother smiled.

"You can sit in the office, dear," she said. She had a privite little room off of hers. Althought, it wasn't that privite. The walls were all glass, just like these in here. I opened the thin glass door and shut it behind me. It made a faint tick before I sat down in the chair.

Once this was over, I got up and watched my mom lean over her desk, saying something to Chase in a serious matter. He nodded and looked down. I opened the glass door, and they both looked up at me. Chase swept his bangs out of his face, and my mom gave me a stressed smile.

"You ready?" she smiled. I nodded.

"Finished my advanced chemistry essay, and Algerbra II pretest." I answered.

I sat in the passenger seat of my mother's Cadillac. She glanced at me with a glare, and then smiled back at Chase.

Yes. He was going home with us. My mother was too caring of a person to let him go home to either a hooker mom, or an abusive father. We stopped half way home, and mom looked back at Chase.

"Would you like me to come inside with you?" She asked softly.

I glanced back at him. "I'll be alright." he said softly, "if I don't come out in five minutes..." I noticed his voice got higher pitched as if he was smirking.

"Chase, I'm being serious."

"I'll be fine," he opened the door and I watched him walk up the two steps up to the trailer. He opened the door, and I watched as something flew by the window as if it was being thrown at him. A light flicked on in another room, and then off. Chase had a bag full of clothes, and sat in the backseat.

"Just a lot of yelling. He threw a beer can at me," Chase said, setting the bag beside himself.

"Empty?" I asked even though I shouldn't have.

"Full." he answered. My mother drove back to our house in silence.

"Who're you texting?" she asked towards the end of the trip.

"Jalice..." I mumbled, "she doesn't understand the chem homework... She's so dumb," I whispered the last part and out of the corner of my eye, saw my mother stare at me.

I got out of the car, and went straight to my room. I set my stuff down and closed my door behind me as I left. Chase stood next to my mom, "could you show Chase his room?" she smiled pleasently.

"Mhm," I murmured. I waved Chase over. He walked over slowly to me and gave me a smug smirk. "What?" I asked, slightly annoyed.

"How is it even possible to live here? First of all, your mom's a fucking lawyer," I almost gasped at his swearing, then decided it was probably better if I showed him I 'didn't' care... "Secondly, this place is huge. I'm going to get lost just walking to the bathroom. Thirdly, how did someone as beautiful as you come from Sharon?" his smirk grew.

Was he making fun of me? Calling me ugly? Being a sarcastic asshole? No one has ever been this way to me. I narrowed my eyes.

"I do what I choose," my eyes traveled up to his blue ones, "She doesn't control my life," I walked over to the door across from mine. I flug it opened, and he glanced inside.

"Purple, really?" I looked him up and down.

Who did he think he was? Some smart ass who could do whatever he pleased? Not in this house. He was wearing black skintight jeans, and I wondered how he could even walk. His shirt said something in obscure writing, and I didn't stare long enough to decode it.

"She was expecting another daughter," I mumbled, thinking back to the miscarrage.

"Oh..." he mumbled, he seemed like he felt bad, as if he actually knew the feeling. "Sorry to hear that," he set his bag on the bed and looked out the window. I left the room, just as he looked over. I slapped my door shut.