No More Goody Two Shoes [Emo Love Story] 42

Please read this before reading this chapter (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I just want to thank all of you for your support with this story! I wish I could update every day; however, that is not the easiest thing to do. This story has been finished, but has not been posted yet! Please do NOT assume I've abandoned this story, because I love all of you readers and wouldn't do that! :) Also, I love all of your comments about this Charlie issue! Makes me so happy that you're all so involved! 

So here it is!!!

Chapter Forty Two

I sat down in Charlie's office after three days of Kyle "love-shooting" our life. Finally, it was a Friday. Which had its goods and bads - the good, no work for two days; the bad, more time with Kyle. I let out a sigh.

Kyle's "love" was too much for me, and he knew it wasn't going to last long before the arguing started again. Charlie wasn't here yet. I wondered idly about why he was late. After fifteen minutes, I was about to get up and leave. I opened the door and ran into Charlie. He grabbed me before I fell over and held me up. He smirked.

"Sorry," I mumbled and backed away.

"It's quite fine, Sam." He smiled. "Where would you like to start today?" He took off a jacket, leaving him in a button up and tie, with his gray slacks. He sat and rolled his sleeves up neatly. I stared at his ink infused arms, which had been covered the last time I was here. I couldn't process what the tattoos were from across his huge desk. His arms were thick, like he worked out frequently. I allowed my mind to wander. I wonder where else he has tattoos... I bet he has a nice chest. Those shoulders... I pictured myself kissing down his chest and his thick arms around me. I hadn't thought about a man like this for some time. I mentally slapped myself and focused on what his question was.

I shrugged and he shrugged back at me. "He's been trying to fix things." I started.

"How?" he asked.

"There's been no fighting, he's the most loving person and he can't stop apologizing." I looked at Charlie.

"Well, he's got a lot to lose." He nodded as he looked me up and down. "And he knows it." He stared at me, "does he have a lawyer?"

"We haven't talked about it," I said innocently and played with my fingers. I looked at the ring on my finger. Kyle had forced me to wear it.

"But you've talked about staying together?"

"Yes... Well he's done the talking, and I've been saying the no" I laughed lightly.

"Well, Mrs. Reid," he said my name with emphasis, "I want to help, but I can't help if you don't commit to this." He eyed my ring finger.

"He forced me to wear it, saying something about how it'll save us." I mumbled. I slid it off and put it in my purse.

"You can wear it," he said and opened his desk drawer to get my manila folder out. He looked up at me, "Mr. Kyle Reid makes 12.20 an hour?" he asked me. I shrugged. "And you're making 20.65... You can afford to keep the house without the second income, him on the other hand would not be able to." He said, when I nodded he continued with all the mumble gumble of legal terms that I didn't understand most of the time.

"May I walk you out, Sam?" he asked again. I nodded. He stood and walked around the desk, opening the door for me. I felt like he was going to lecture me about trying to fully commit to a divorce. His hand went softly to my back again as he ushered me out. He didn't move his hand from the small of my back as we walked outside.