No More Goody Two Shoes [Emo Love Story] 30

Chapter Thirty

A week had passed. I stepped on the scale everyday, realizing how badly my body needed the weight. I had already managed to gain around six solid pounds. I was continuously eating, I couldn't stop. 

Chase laid beside me in bed, the smile not leaving his face as he pushed himself on top of me. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"You?" he kissed my neck and collarbone repeatedly. "Please?"

"Isn't sex an evening activity?" I asked as he rubbed his hand along my hips. "It's only afternoon."

"Evening is when you're parents are home, and awake," he pushed my shirt higher up. Dragging his soft fingers against my skin, he kissed me more. 

"What're you doing?" I whispered again.

"We already went through this, baby," he sucked on my skin lightly, then smirked at me. 

"Can we wait?" I asked. 

His eyebrows raised, "what do you mean 'wait'? We've already had sex." He sat up on my hips and took my hand to play with my fingers.

"I mean," I paused and looked up at him. 

His eyes were back to the beautiful blue they used to be, his silly bedhead hair stood up everywhere. "What are you looking at?" he mumbled after I hadn't continued talking. He ran his fingers through his hair to fix it, and then flipped it to the side. 

"I mean, I don't really want to right now. I just... want to wait a few more days." I gave him a small smile so he would agree. 

"Whatever you wish." He laid back down beside me. 

"Have you ever done pills?" I asked and looked at him.

"A couple times," he said. "They're... interesting things." 

I didn't know if that meant he had liked them or not, but I wasn't here to yell at him about his past or tell him what to do with his future; although I hoped his future involved no drugs. 

At dinner, my mother glowed with happiness, but my father seemed uneasy. Instead of me being the one pushing my food around the plate, he was. My mother held his hand and smiled still. Chase sat quietly per usual, and I ate silently. 

My mother spoke fast about work, and her new co-worker. When she was done going off about her day, she looked to me and Chase, "what've you been doing all day?" 

"Watching TV" Chase said at the same time I had said "Nothing." Okay, we both lied. Normally it works a little better than that... 

Dad raised an eyebrow, mom smiled huge. "Sounds great! Nice and relaxing" she said happily. "So," she paused, staring at my dad. "We have a surprise!" She smiled happily. This must have been the reason my father was so uneasy.

"Please tell me we're not moving" I frowned. 

"We're not! But someone's moving in!" She laughed to herself at the joke. My first thought was Kayce was moving in with us. And my life would yet again be turned into a living hell.

"Who?" I asked. Dad blinked slowly. Ovbiously unexcited for this new guest, but my mom didn't seem to care what he thought.

"You're little sister" Mom smiled. Everyone was silent, blank faces. Chase's nose wrinkled slighly and I thought back to the last time this was said. Six months later and there was no little sister. Dad decided to break the silence.

"Now, I'm not saying I'm upset and that I don't want another child... But I don't think we should all get our hopes up. Sam was a lucky child..." he said. 

Mom rolled her eyes, "I have a good feeling about this one though!" she pressed her hand to her stomach. 

"So... Which room is getting turned into a baby's room?" I asked.

"Well, I would love to get the upstairs guest room into a nursery, but I'm not quiet sure if Kacye will still be coming over. If so, we'll be finishing the basement, which we've been planning on doing for a while now," mom smiled.

Dad gave her a look and took a sip of his water. It was all very strange, to say the least. Hockey was finished, and my father and I hadn't bonded in a while. Sitting beside him on the couch, I leaned my head on his shoulder. 

"You've been through this before" I said, "you can do it again."

He stayed silent, just a slight raise of his eye brow and a glare back at the television. Minutes passed. "Where's Chase?" 

"Are you trying to get rid of me?"

"No, I'm simply wondering where he is."

"He's doing homework or something," I mumbled. 

"Hm." I looked at him again. 

"Why aren't you excited?"

"Do you think I wanted another child? I got a teenage girl I have to look after. Make sure she's not doing drugs, not doing her boyfriend, keeping up with her grades," he glanced at me, "and now I'm going to have to watch over a god damned infant, while worrying that my teenager will have another episode?"

I didn't say anything, just looked at the television. He sighed, rubbing my shoulder with his thick fatherly hands. "And to sum it all up, your mother has new friends. That new co-worker... Doesn't sound like good news to me." 

"You don't even know her new co-worker." I mumbled. 

"But I know it's not a girl." 

"She makes it sound like a girl," I said softly. "Are you worried about her too? She wouldn't have an affair."

"How would we know?" he growled angrily and got up. I heard the kitchen sink turn off and my mother talking to him. I decided it would be a good get away time. 

Walking into my room, I saw Chase. He was listening to my Ipod, going through my music. "What the fuck is a techno?" he asked slightly loud, having the headphones in. I walked over, pulled them from his ears, and kissed him.