No More Goody Two Shoes 50

Final chapter!!! Epilogue will be out today also! :) vote, comment, message me. xoxo

I woke up happy. I went to bed happy. I lived happy. I sold the house within days of putting it up for sale. I had been living with Chase for a speedy six months. I loved living in the city, it was almost calming. I had everything at my fingertips.

Chase was at work when I was wandering around the apartment. He was working on a case in which involved six children, both wealthy parents wanting full custody and neither willing to go fifty-fifty.

Although he's been working all the time, we have still been seeing a lot of each other. I normally got my period at the same time every month. I tapped my fingers on the counter as I watched the color spread over the stupid pregnancy test which I hoped dearly would not show positive. I wouldn't let my body kill another soul. I didn't want kids anymore. I just wanted peace, quiet, no worry. But right now, I was happy as ever, but I really needed this to be negative.

I heard the front door to the apartment open, and I dropped the test. I ran out the bathroom door and saw Chase taking off his jacket. I smiled at him; I hadn't mentioned my missing period. He smiled back. "How was work?" I asked casually.

He just shook his head, "who knows with these people." He walked over to me, sliding his arms around me. "Let's go take a steamy bath," he kissed my cheek.

"Er, I have to go to the bathroom first. I'll start the water," I smiled and pulled away, giving him a kiss.

"Okay?" he smiled and kissed back. I jogged off towards the bathroom, shutting and locking the door behind me. I picked up the test that I had left in the sink. And of course, it was a pink plus sign and I just breathed out slowly. I left it in the sink and flicked on the water.

"Chase!" I yelled as I opened the door. He appeared and waltzed into the bathroom with me.

"What's this?" he asked right away. God, I cannot keep anything from him.

"I'm sorry, I just found out." I mumbled. He turned to look at me, and I looked down, watching my feet as I got into the tub.

He didn't say anything as he got into the tub, pulling me beside him. "Sam," he whispered.

"No," I looked at him, "I don't want it." He raised his eyebrows, "I don't want this." I started to cry, "My body is just going to murder this thing and I don't want that to happen again... For me or for a baby." The pain of the last miscarriage was almost as bad as the thought of even letting my body do something like this.

"Hey," he grabbed my face, kissing my tears, "your doctor did say it was possible. And I know you want kids," he kissed my lips. "Just don't worry, don't stress yourself out."

"I really don't want to do this all over again." I whispered.

"We," he whispered, "we will do this together."

I didn't say anything back to him. That night in bed, Chase laid his head on my tummy and whispered about his little "salamander". I was extraordinarily confused. "Salamander?" I questioned him.

"Have you seen a fetus?" he smiled at me, "they look like salamanders." I almost laughed at him, but didn't. "Hi little Sally-mander. I'm your daddy." My heart fluttered when he said it, and I couldn't contain my smile any longer. "Oh Sally-Mander, your heart is beating rapidly."

"That's my heart, Chase."

"I know, but I can pretend," he huffed and rubbed my stomach more. It was very comforting. I drifted off to sleep.