No More Goody Two Shoes [Emo Love Story] 21

Chapter Twenty-One

I woke up one morning in January from police sirens outside my house. 

"Let me go!" I heard being yelled. "I know how to fucking walk!" It was Chase, saying his infamous line about his capability to walk. I got up fast and opened my door to see two police carrying my boyfriend out of the door. 

My mother was asking them what gave them the right to break into our house and take him away. There was no answer that I could understand.

My parents looked at me for an answer though. "How would I know?"

They must of found out it was him who spray painted the cop's windows. Or maybe they found some drugs at the school of his and came to get him. Maybe it was something totally different.

Just like that, no explaination or anything. Him simply disapearing again. And my mom couldn't even be his lawyer because techniqually he belonged to her. Ridiculous because now none of us know what is happening with him.

Maybe this was all happening for a reason: we weren't supposed to be with each other. Everytime we start to get close, he disapears. I don't know what will happen, I can't predict the future, but I can hope he's going to come back. 

I was sitting at school, two weeks after the police showed up at my house. The class phone rang as I was doddling on my notebook cover. I guess I didn't pay attention to the phone call, because I knew it wouldn't be for me. Until Ms. Adelph called my name and asked me to go down to the principal's office. 

"You have a phone call." He said to me as I sat in his office. 

"Uh -- why? Who?" 

"I'll leave." He clicked a button on the phone and handed it to me.

"Hello?" I asked softly.

There was a sigh on the other end, "babycakes," was whispered. 

"Chase?" I asked with a small smile.

"How are you?" How can he be so casual?

"I'm fine! Where are you? Where'd you go? What happened?"

He chuckled, "Well, I'm sitting in your room right now. It's a long story and I rather just tell you in person."

"Was this call really important enough to get me called out of class?"

"You haven't talked to me in weeks, come on, be a little happy." I could picture him rolling his blue eyes.

"The principal left, please just tell me what happened. I can't wait another three hours!"

He sighed, "Mutiple reasons. My father demanded that he saw me. My mother was on really bad drugs of some sort and told cops that I had done some fucked up shit like killing someone. Then to top it off I had a pack of cigarettes, while being underage to buy them. So I had to stay with my father by police force, had to wait in the police station while my mother was getting drug tested, and then had to confess to how I had gotten cigarettes."

"And this took over two weeks?

"Drug test took longer than expected. They wouldn't let me use any phone because they thought I was calling my side-kick in the murder games I play. And I wasn't allowed to leave Jon's house. At all."

"And now you're back home?"

"Laying on your bed, awaiting my wonderful girlyfwend." I loved hearing his smile in his voice. 

"Come and get me." I said.

"If only I could," he said softly. "I... Have a surprise for you. Well, a few of them actually." 

"Okay, now you HAVE to come and get me," I was trying to glare, but was too excited.

He chuckled lightly, "you're not gonna be too happy with one of them... Well... Maybe you will be. I'm not."

"The principal knocked, I think that means I have to go..." I said as I saw his figure on the other side of the door. 

"Three hours, cutie." He said and hung up. 

The principal sat down on the other side as I reached around and hung up the phone. "You may go back to class," he said as he slid a pen into his fingers. He gave me a pass and sent me off.

I practically ran out to the car, not even bothering with Jalice talking about plans, or Jordon asking about the homework. I jumped into my moms car with a smile. She stared at me, then smiled back.

"I'm guessing you already know what your surprise is..."

"Yes! Now DRIVE!" I said. She laughed and pulled away from the school. I walked into my bed room, seeing a long haired, blonde boy sitting on my bed. "Chase?" I said as he turned to me with a smile. The front of his hair was still black, the back was blonde. I smiled a little and walked over. He didn't move much, just let me touch his hair. "I like it, you don't?"

"SO tempting to dye it black." He smiled. I touched his lips with a confused look. He gave me a sad smile.

"Where are they?" I questioned his liprings which were missing.

"Jon decided he didn't like them and took them in the middle of the night. They closed up." He shrugged. He still had his small septum ring.

"I don't know what to say. I like it. But it doesn't seem like you. And the blonde is throwing me off a little" I gave him a smile. 

He reached up and put a hand on my cheek, lightly pulling me towards him. He kissed my lips softly. It was so different with out piercings. "Sam," he said softly, pulling away. 

"Yes, Chase?"

"Can we just lay here and cuddle? I've missed you more than anything," he whispered, not looking at me. He glanced at me when I didn't say anything. His blue eyes surrounded by black liner. I nodded as he pulled me down on the bed beside him. 

"Please don't leave again..." I murmured into his neck. 

"I can't control everyone, sweetie." He whispered after a few minutes.

"What do you mean?" I pulled away from his arms and leaned on my own.

"I mean... I can't help if people hate me, I can't control people and what they want from me." He pulled me towards him, laying his head on my shoulder.

"Are we too serious?" I whispered, secretly hoping he wouldn't hear me. It's been on my mind for a while, taunting me in its own way. We were different, he was a rebel and I was the good girl (who had "gone bad"). I didn't know what was happening. If he kept leaving, how would we maintain something serious? 

He didn't answer, "Do you love me?" he asked, when I didn't move, he pulled away slightly, "do you trust  me? Do you want us to be serious?" He pulled away completely to look me in the eyes. "What do you want? What's going through your mind? You've always so quiet, not secretive, but quiet." He looked like he had just gotten into a huge fight with himself, and he thought I was the quiet one...

"How could we be serious if you always disapear?" I mumbled. "I thought I loved you. I know I trust you." I looked at him. He looked like he got hit by a train now. His face held nothing but confusion.

"What do you want out of our relationship? Do you want a life with me? Do you want to be a highschool fling, just an experience?" He whispered. 

"I don't know, Chase. I want anything, I just want to be happy, I just want things to go places they're supposed to be going. And if you keep leaving, how am I supposed to know and understand what's supposed to happen with so much confusion?" I was breathing heavy from holding back my tears. I almost wanted to laugh.