Chapter 9

Hyun Bin stared blankly at the stack of papers on his desk. His heart and mind were not there for the moment. His feelings disappeared for a month along with his beloved wife who ran away. The phone call was never answered. It always ends with voicemail that requiring him to leave a voice message. Apparently, he was not missed by Ye Jin.

'Yej... Where are you?'

The longer his wife stayed away, the more his heart ached with pain

The longer his wife stayed away, the more his heart ached with pain. His heart ached when he saw Ye Jin's sad face as he tried to get closer. However, if he remains to be silent, he will bear more pain than before.

"Trouble in paradise?" A stranger's voice suddenly greeted Hyun Bin.

"Ohh, it's you, Nam Gil. When did you come?" Hyun Bin asked Kim Nam Gil who went abroad for business trip.

"Three days ago... I heard about Ye Jin." Nam Gil replied.

Hyun Bin snorted lazily. How could his wife's runaway story spread out to Nam Gil's knowledge? Nam Gil has been by Hyun Bin side since the beginning they started this insane plan. Nam Gil almost punched Hyun Bin for defending Ye Jin who he felt that she should not be a victim of their plan.

"Did you see the consequences of your insane idea from the past?" Nam Gil taunted calmly.

"No need to remind me of the things what I had done."

"Sheesh, Hyung. You're still stubborn as ever." Nam Gil laughed. He was funny seeing Hyun Bin's behaviour.

It's clear as day that Hyun Bin's soul is moaning tormented by his wife, but he still wants to insist on showing his brave.

"You don't mind breaking up with Ye Jin?"

Nam Gil's question made Hyun Bin give a cold-eyed stare over him. That was enough to fear Nam Gil.

"Relax, Hyung. I asked because I think you did not try hard to persuade Ye Jin." Nam Gil quickly calmed Hyun Bin down again.

From what he knows, Hyun Bin has not met his wife for a long time. Why did he let Ye Jin live alone? Isn't that a sign that love is dead?

Hyun Bin took a deep breath. Try to calm down. He realized that Nam Gil's intentions were good. Maybe he is too sensitive when thinking of his wife who is alone and lonely. But there was nothing he could do to alleviate his wife's misery.

Recently, Hyun Bin noticed that his employees are afraid of him every time they meet him. They did not dare to approach him. Hyun Bin has bipolar disorder lately. It's all because of Ye Jin was away from him, he became impatient.

"She asked for space to be alone." Hyun Bin slowly said why he willingly let Ye Jin go.

'Bin, listen up! I don't want to be your wife anymore.'

Hyun Bin closed his eyes tightly. It hurts him every time he recalls this sentence from his wife before they part. Although it's only said over the phone, but the effect was the same as Ye Jin was standing in front of him.

"So, you gave her what she asked for?" Nam Gil asked in a tone of disbelief. Hyun Bin whom he knew was not as easy as that would be subject to such trivial requests. What has changed?

Hyun Bin was only able to nod his head. He did not like his actions to be questioned. He fulfilled his wife's request for space and time. Only he knew what was stirring in his heart when he had to agree to Ye Jin's request.

"Hyung, a month is too long. Are you sure Ye Jin will come back to you again?"

Hyun Bin's Adam's apple was seen moving when he swallowed saliva. Honestly, he himself is actually not sure that Ye Jin will come back to him.

He always has a great conversation. From his outside appearance, he looked confident. But the fact is, his heart is already shrinking at the thought that Ye Jin will actually leave his life.

"Hyung, you are not on the wrong side. Yes, maybe you made a mistake. But that is not a reason for you to step back and give in." Nam Gil was sored to see Hyun Bin living a miserable life.

Son Tae Pyeong was sick, died and Ye Jin ran away from Hyun Bin. That all happened while Nam Gil was abroad. So, he could not help before the situation got worse. But knowing Hyun Bin, he knew this man was more emotional with the loss of Ye Jin than Son Tae Pyeong's death.

"I was on the right side at first. But the way she ..." Hyun Bin's words stopped in the middle.

Ye Jin's pale face adorned with sadness came back hovering in his mind. His wife's blank gaze at that moment made Hyun Bin feel that he had failed and was cruel in the blink of an eye. Failing to protect the only woman who has ever touched his heart and cruel because at the beginning of time, he once considered Ye Jin's attitude was the same as the behaviour of the father who only cares about money and wealth.

 Failing to protect the only woman who has ever touched his heart and cruel because at the beginning of time, he once considered Ye Jin's attitude was the same as the behaviour of the father who only cares about money and wealth

"Hyung, review back your way of life before you look for Ye Jin again. What Ye Jin needs now is a supportive husband but not a husband who destroys her." Nam Gil advised while got up from his seat. He then left.

Hyun Bin was left alone in his office. Contemplating for a long-time digesting and reviewing the actions he had taken. What Nam Gil said was all true. There is nothing wrong with that. But the current reality is not as easy as one might think. The most obvious effect was a wound in Ye Jin's heart. Will time be a healer? Or is the time allotted just to grieve?

Suddenly there was an intercom sound stopped his reverie. Seo Dan, his assistant informed that someone named 'Mi Ran' was waiting on the phone call. The call was connected directly to Hyun Bin's office as he was told there was something important about the Daepyonim's wife.

"Yeoboseyo, Mi Ran Noona."

"Sajangnim.... Ye Jin ssi ...."

After receiving news from Mi Ran, he immediately got up from his seat and reached for his mobile phone before leaving.

Fate is on Hyun Bin's side.

He does not have to find a way. Ye Jin became his reasons to be used as a weapon. For this time Hyun Bin will not turn away again. He will use this chance to bind their love that almost broken.