Chapter 5

At 4 o'clock in the morning, Ye Jin woke up when she heard her phone ring. Who made the phone call as early as that? She then remembered Papa Son who was lying sick at the hospital.

"Yeoboseyo ... We will be there. Kamsahamida." Hyun Bin who got the call and answered. He wants to be the first to get the news. He knew his wife might not be strong enough to accept all the bad possibilities.

Ye Jin seemed to know what was going on. Tears slowly flowed down her cheeks. Without being informed, she already knew that phone call was delivering bad news.

Hyun Bin could not bear to see his wife's tears. He bent down and kissed top of his wife's head. His lips were brought closer to the side of Ye Jin's ear.

 His lips were brought closer to the side of Ye Jin's ear

"Yej ... Your Papa ...." Hyun Bin whispered.

At first, Ye Jin tried to hold back her tears but when she was hugged by Hyun Bin, her tears flowed like a river.

"Take your time ..." Hyun Bin persuaded with his hand that was constantly patting the back of his wife's head.

Although he did not like his father-in-law, he still did not like when he saw Ye Jin's tears. But how could he possibly remove the sadness from living in Ye Jin's heart?

.........................................................................................................................................................................

Papa Son's funeral was held the next day. Papa Son lives alone. He doesn't have any family members. So, there's no need for them to wait for anyone to come and pay respect to him for the last time.

"Hey, Bin!" Someone called Hyun Bin from behind.

Hyun Bin's steps stopped. He turned back and his eyes were drawn to the unexpected visitor.

It's Ha Seok Jin. Hyun Bin's close friend. He came to offer his condolences to his friend.

"How's Ye Jin?" Seok Jin asked and his eyes searched for Ye Jin.

Hyun Bin glanced at Seok Jin and shook his head.

"She's terrible." Hyun Bin answered.

Seok Jin tries to read what is playing in Hyun Bin's mind now.

"So... Bin, what's your next step of your plan?" Seok Jin asked.

Hyun Bin slowly looked at his friend's face when Seok Jin asked that question.

"It's not the best timing. Hold on. Now, my wife comes first." Hyun Bin answered firmly.

Seok Jin was silent. He knew he had no right to speak more. Even though his friendship with Hyun Bin has been going on for years, but he still respects Hyun Bin. He understood if Hyun Bin had fallen in love with his wife.

"Bin, I feel you. Ye Jin's emotional state is not yet stable to accept another more news. Maybe our plans need to be postponed."

Hyun Bin did not respond. Seok Jin's forehead furrowed. He could detect something from Hyun Bin's silenceness.