Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I waited tapping the floor waiting for Megan to do the final alterations to the dress. I gasped as she pulled harder between the waist.

"Megan! Are you trying to suffocate me? " I asked looking down at the mid night dress. It reached below my ankles slitting down he side revealing the right thigh.

"Hold still, I wish I had full hips like yours." she said. I frowned beaming at her with the cat liner she insisted on.

"No, this is too much!" I said stepping down the small wooden stool. Megan pulled back her curls and grimaced.

"Ian Conner is not a cheap man. You need to look good" Megan said fixing the deep cut neck line. The crystals outlined the neck line throwing small shades of blue against the walls.

"You don't have a problem with me going out with Ian but threw a 

tantrum when I had a crush on Jake" I said throwing my hands over her 

shoulder leaning.

"Ian - well Ian I like him. Mr. Blair not so much" Megan shrugged when I shot her a glance. It was a good thing I hadn't told her about him , but I should.

"It's a good thing you didn't go out with him" Megan said might back to take a good look at me. I fidgeted in my spot trying to shake off the guilt . I looked up at Megan who was smiling in satisfaction. I nervously touched my tussled waves.

"So?" I asked. Megan pinched my cheeks and patted my back.

"Ian is going to have a really hard time keeping his hands to himself"

"I should change" I said flustered. Just the thought of his hands on me made me choke. I looked at Megan and bit my lips eating away he clear lip gloss.

"Stop being a baby. He's hot, rich smart and he likes you." she winked "Maybe it might be your lucky night" she giggled. I grabbed her shoulder and smacked the back of her head.

"Megan please-" I stopped and thought of the promise I had made myself last night. I would not keep any more secrets from her. She had to know, if every thing blew over I know Megan will have my back. And just in case she refuses to talk tome doesn’t mean I have to keep her away . 

“What? You look great! And he’s not going to-” I stopped her before she could speak. She looked at me this time serious. “Are you okay?” she asked me as I went pale. It was easy to lie but to tell the truth was a whole different story. We’ve been friends for ages, eating out together, going out on double dates; Megan more than me. We even dropped Chinese over each other during a fight over Jerry Springer. 

“I just need to tell you-” The phone started to ring and that’s when Megan put up her finger. 

“Wait. Let me get that.” she said walking off leaving me to stay in the room. I sighed falling on to the bed watching as the slit revealed my thigh. It was just a friendly dinner and Megan had herself heated up for this. I could’ve passed with a simple black dress and black pumps but only Megan could make a fuss over clothes.

“It’s for you” Megan said from the living room. It was probably Ina calling to cancel. I crossed my fingers hoping that would be it. I walked in the grabbing the satin midnight blue dress away form the heels .

“Hello?” I asked hopeful for my wish to come true. “Kim Damion” I said when I didn’t get a reply back. Something told me there was something wrong.