Chapter 19

I don't really dedicate chapters in this story but I had to for this one! If it wasn't for her I wouldn't have gotten around writing anew chapter for another week! lol 

Chapter 19

I fixed a high pony tail over my head and stared at my cell phone. It was a matter of life and death. Even after all the lies he still wanted to see me. I cursed under my breath and sighed as Megan made her way in through the door. Her arm was slung over Duncan’s neck as they kissed repeatedly. I closed my eyes and picked up my bag. If they were going to make love with each other in front of me I rather just walk out, not that I’m not curious about what Duncan probably looks like with out his shirt. I’m still a woman with hormones, I can still think can’t I? 

“Hey Kim!” Megan said taking in a deep breath. “Heading out?’ she asked and pushed Duncan on the sofa. I nodded trying to think of a lie.

“Hey Kim. How’s it going?” Duncan asked grinning.

“Good, and yeah I’m headed out. Mr. Blair wanted to see me about an important file. “ I said deciding right there that I would just walk in throw my resignation letter on his face and walk out. 

“Okay have fun” Megan said throwing her head back laughing as Duncan tickled her sides. I gave her a tight smile and walked out. Did she have to rub it in my face? I sighed and smiled, then again she doesn’t know any thing. 

The moon rested quietly on top of the clouds. I pulled the collar of my trench closer to my body and snuggled into my gloves. It was chilly. I raised my hand for a cab and nodded as the cab driver pulled up. 

“Where to madam?” he asked.

“Just drop me by Broadway and sixth seventh avenue.” I said handing him a crisp twenty. “Make it fast” I said leaning back enjoying the ride.

After a twenty minute cab ride and an hour on the B train I’ve finally reached his house. I looked up amazed at the spacious terrace. The marble balcony added an elegant touch where I could just imagine myself waiting underneath the moon while a Romeo brings me flowers. He would have a strong jaw and emerald green eyes-

“Ian” I sighed picturing him in red tights and a feathered hat with a rose between his lips. I wanted to smile but the door creaked open. In front of me was a tall butler, his hair was combed back. His crisp black suit matched the elegance of the house. The hall ways were wide and long I noted. What else was expected? The front yard was covered mostly by rose bushes but I knew there were more, except the lights were turned off which made it hard to see. There was a car set out up front along the long stoned pathway. 

I looked up at the man and grinned. He cleared his throat and tried to smile. I looked inside and was awed again by the marble hallways. The white columns seemed as if they were holding the whole house. There were canvases of abstract art. 

“How may I help you” he asked. I looked up remembering what I was really here to do.

“I’m here to see Jake Blair.” I said taking out my cell phone waiting if I should call him back.

“Are you Miss Kim?’ he asked his nose stuck high in the air.

“Yes” I said and stepped inside as he opened the door a bit wider.

“Mr. Bair will be here in a little while, Now if you’ll excuse me” he said picking up the jacket from the coat hanger. I watched him get ready while I sauntered into the small square of a couch and two chairs. I sat slowly on the couch feeling as if I put all my weight on it, the debonair golden arm rest would break.