Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I knew I shouldn't but I found myself leaning over the glass counter of Baskin Robins, licking my lips while I watched the employee pput together the ultimate ice cream. I could feel Ian staring at me with his curious glare. I turned curious to know his taste.

"Well what will you be having?" I ask smiling at him. He smiled grinning at the jelly worms on top of the counter. I gasped.

''No! Not the worms!" I said with a serious expression. He looked down trying not to smile.

"Worms it is." he said looking into my eyes.

"Please, you don't have to do this." I said grabbing my chest as they would in the soap operas Lily and Megan watch on Sunday morning. He let out a chuckle slipping up his game a bit , but he came back.

"Yes, I must. If it'll make your heart softened for this fool. I shall eat the jelly worms." He said bowing down. The worker behind the counter watched as we turned to see his face. His dark brown eyes carefully moved towards the jelly worms.

"Go fetch me vanilla ice cream two scoops, with sprinkles, a bit of fudge and...Jelly worms." he said dramatically. The worker nodded not knowing wha twas happeneing. He left to pull out two scoops of vanilla ice cream.

"Are you sure?" I ask Ian. He nodded slowly and we both burst out laughing his over powering mine. We had caught more attention than we intended to.

"How is it?" I ask watching him slurp the pink and yellow worm in between his teeth.

"Interesting." he said sucking on another worm. I smiled, he was acting like a kid no not the cute adorable chubby cheek five year old but the ten year old who was planning on an evil scheme he was about to play on the poor old woman in fornt of him.

"Quite a sucker aren't you?" I ask biting into my ice cream. He put down his spoon grinning.

"I could teach you a thing or two about that." he said with a crooked grin. My throat got caught closing up. I coughed ,the spoon falling onto my lap. My cheeks were fully riped strawberries minus the seeds. I blushed feling my body warm up. Okay so I wasn't expecting that. His eyes were like emerald glitter twinkling slightly in the light. He chuckled biting another spoon full of ice cream. I patted my lip with the napkin in front of me.

"Am I forgiven?" he asked. I nodded not wanting to make conversation afraid that the small squeak of my voice will throw him off into a fit of laughter.

I entered the loft walking on my toes. I had taken off my shoes in the elevator. Megan should not know I was out with Ian. She would only make a big scene pulling in Lance and Lily. I sighed watching the empty living room. The kitchen was empty as well. I heard a groan and quickly ran into the kitcen to hide. I peeked over the counter watching the hall way leading to Megans room. I looked down to hear that it was my own stomach that had growled. I rolled my eyes. I guess ice cream wasn't enough. I opened the fridge looking fro bread. I pulled out two slices spreading mayo carefully on both sides. I started to go for the cucumber when I heard faint foot steps. I felt the vibration underneath me. I turned around a weapon in hand slicing it through the air. I sighed as I see Megan switch open the lights her hands over her hips.

"So you're the cucumber assasin?" she asked eyeing the cucumber in my hand. I scratched my head and put the vegetable down next to the toast.

"I was hungry." I said. She nodded while she breathed in and out. I watched her door shut behind her. No doubt there was already someone in there.

"This one not brave enough to see who broke in the house?" I ask smiling. SHe didn't smile back. What was her problem?

"What's wrong?" I ask. She sighed plopping down on the stool in front of the counter. I raised my eye brows questioning her.

"You can't get involved with these people." she said. These people?

"You mean Ian?" I ask. She nods.

"No not Ian but your boss. Ian is Mr. Conner. Not Ian." She said.

"What? He's not Ian and he's my boss."

"Mr.Conner and Mr. Blair are your boss, don't get invovled with them. You'll only get hurt." she said leaning abck into the air. I watched her eyes carefully. I burst out laughing. She leaned forward trying to understand my abnormal behavior.

"Okay, okay you think I'm "invovled" with Ian better yet Mr. Blair?" I said my head falling back laughing. Megan stood up her hands still residing on her hips.

"I'm serious. I'm warning you right now. Kim. Be careful." she said walking away into her room. I sighed as I watched the cold toast and the half broken cucumber. I wasn't hungry anymore.