Jackass (Chapter 6)

Chapter 6

Jessica sat in the bar taken over by foreign emotions. Resting her head on her arms she sighed breathing in the alcohol around her. Her head was throbbing from all the thinking and she wished she could stop wondering about Lance. Failing at that Jessica gave in and thought about him more. What was it about him that made her blood boil and her bones shake at the same time?

He was charming, handsome and funny; Jessica didn’t care much for those sort of men but this one kept entering into her life making it unbearable to think. Gulping down the last of her beer she looked around curious as to where Lance could have gone. Picking up her cell phone Jessica hesitantly dials his number. It rings three times before she was cut off by the answering machine. He was probably still mad at her. 

Jessica frowned and picked up her empty bottle of beer. Maybe she should look outside, he couldn’t have just left her there but the way he walked it ,it could be possible. Shifting in her seat, of the first time Jessica felt nervous. She knew what she had to do and she didn’t like it one bit.  Maybe she should order another beer before she goes seeking Lance out. It might calm her down. 

“Mind if I buy a round?” Jessica lifted her eyes and watched the stranger sitting next to her. She sighed and then smiled. 

“Sure.” Jessica watched as he pulled out his wallet . He ordered a beer for both and slid a fifty dollar bill to the bar tender. Jessica wanted to roll her eyes, money din’t impress her and this guys was trying his best to impress. He had silver grey eyes the kind that were dangerously intimidating, he had a scruffy jaw and a sexy lure to him. Jessica grinned, the guys was a bit corny but he sure looked smoking in jeans. So does Lance, she thought of him this morning in his washed out snug jeans and that white t shirt. She was still thinking about him. Focusing on the man in front of her Jessica spent another hour drinking. She knew she should go out and look for Lance but she was having fun. The guy was witty, and had many interesting stories to tell. Jessica found herself getting lost in his tales. It wasn’t until it struck three that Jessica realized she should be getting home. 

“Thank you so much for the beer.” Jessica stood up gazing down at her phone. There was still no call from Lance, not even a text. Jessica began to worry if she had crossed the line. It wasn’t like Lance to be angry. “I should get going.” she smiled at him and couldn’t quite remember his name. 

“No problem, you’re leaving?” he asks and Jessica nodded.

“Yes, but I had a great time. See you around.” She turned to leave but he grabbed her elbow pulling her into his lap.  Jessica pushed him and his back hit against the counter. 

“Woah there cow boy. Take it easy.” she said getting up and away form him.

“You can’t leave now, we didn’t dance yet.” he grinned. Jessica shook her head moving away from him but he forced himself on her. He grabbed tight around her waist and leaned down to kiss her but she turned away and his lips met with her ear. With low a growl he pulled her in closer. Jessica squirmed in his arms but he wouldn’t let go .She felt sick and nauseous. She was an idiot for letting a completely stranger buy her drinks when she herself was in no shape to fight back. The four bottles of beer kicked in making her question her own judgment. Kim always told her she had no sixth sense and now was the perfect example. 

“Let me go.” she struggled against his body. 

“Let’s dance.” his breath stunk of alcohol, he was drunk . Jessica pushed harder but he only lagged on. Where was the bar tender?