Jackass (Chapter 5)

Chapter 5

Stepping down in a tea cup sun dress, Jessica pulled on her flats as she skipped down the porch. Lance was leaning back on the car and smiled as she waved at him still pulling on her left shoe. Jessica watched as his smile revealed dimples and those crystal eyes only reflected off the sun making them seem more and more magical. She wondered what it would be like to look into them while making love. Jessica grinned and walked the rest of the way to the car. She saw her father bent over a rose bush and Ian observing the growth. Jessica pointed at Lance to wait for her and turned walking towards the two men. 

Ian was toned, and had dark handsome features which would make any woman weak in the knees. He was charming and witty; just like her sister had told her. Jessica waved at them and Ian gave her a generous smile; which she heard was very rare. 

“Good morning, and what do I owe the pleasure of seeing my deviously handsome brother in law?” Jessica asked. Her father perked his brows sardonically and went back to work.

“Stop sucking up. He’s here to help me.” 

“Right dad, that’s why Ian is here” Jessica winked at him knowing very well he wanted to get a glimpse of Kim.

“No?!”  Her father was a sarcastic man which only added to his charm.

“You are quiet charming.” Ian complimented grinning. 

“Charming and smart, Kim isn’t home so you’re wasting your time with Phil here. But if you are actually here to help him, carry on.” Jessica joked. Her dad gave her another one of his fatherly look and smiled.

“We spoil you.” He remarked and laughed as Jessica pouted.

“I’m actually here to see Phil. As much as I want to see Kim your sweet mother won’t let me.” Ian said pushing one hand into his jeans pocket which lifted his blazer to the side revealing a much toned physique. 

“So how’s the project going?” Jessica asked looking over at Lance who seemed to be becoming more and more impatient. 

“Sorry” she mouthed to him. Jessica wanted to get out of the house but she didn’t want to miss a second of getting to know the man her sister was going to marry. She has always been protective of Kim and she wasn’t going to let a dark knight whisk her away with out battling the dragon first. 

“Your father is an artist. The garden is coming out great, he actually has more offers. I’m trying to convince to get an actual crew. They can do the heavy work while he draws out the plans.” Ian began to explain. Jessica knew this was her queue to leave. She didn’t want to be rude but she couldn’t keep Lance waiting as well. 

“How about you go on with Lance and we’ll speak about it later over coffee?” he asked.

“It’s a date; don’t tell Kim.” She teased and left kissing the top of her father’s head. “See you later dad!” He muttered something under his breath but let her go. 

Lance opened the door for her and she gave him an impressed grin. Jessica closed the door observing the swift movement of Lance. He was tall, and it would seem that he would be awkward but he was graceful in every move he made. She liked how soothing his hand motions were. What did her friend Kaitlin call it? Hand porn. Jessica giggled receiving a questioning look from Lance.

“So where to Lance?” she asked sitting back. Lance looked away and stared out his window. 

“My house.” He said while pulling out of the drive way. Jessica turned to him and smiled.