Chapter 23 (last chapter!)

Hey so this is the last Chapter...I'm writing a sequel to this which is called In Love with a Jackass. The sequel is in this story group so just keep reading =)

      Chapter 23

I stood in place watching with the eye of an eagle over the star bucks we planned on robbing. Okay so Kim cut out the part where I suggested we rob the money using Jake’s ID-it was an idiotic idea, yet satisfying-

“Lance !” Megan screamed in my face.

“What? Can’t a man think in peace?” I said shrugging as I picked up my pen which had fallen off my ears. I fixed my blue satin tie Lily gave me fro my birthday last week. She was the only one who remembered. Kim and Megan were too busy with their boy trouble to even give it a thought but still I stand here underneath the scorching sun ready to risk my life savings on them. 

“Get ready!” Megan urged pushing her hair back carefully.

“I am ready!” I said frustration mixing up with tiredness and sweat. 

“Okay so as soon as he comes, I twist my ankle and you run towards him to stop him and-” She looked at me making sure the plan was perfectly in play.

“It would be more realistic if you twist your neck.” I suggested with no sarcasm intended.

“See that is just the problem with you. That’s why you don’t get laid.”

“I do get laid I mean just last week I-” I stopped ,sighing remembering I had fallen asleep next to Myra due to over dosage of Aspirin. 

“I rest my case.” Megan said folding her arms while carrying  a crisp yellow Micheal Korr’s hideous bag around her elbow. I coughed as I watched the black car pull in front of the coffee shop. It was time. The sun wasn’t there any more yet Is till sweat, this time from over exposure to nervousness.

“Get ready.” I whispered and ran into the bushes. I slipped in  peaking over the un cut hedges to see if Megan had gone in . She was sauntering slowly into the shop. Her hair bounced along and I turned my head towards the car. I tapped my finger against my thigh as I bent down lower. My calves were screaming but I ignored it. This had to be done right. 

“Donna, I’m on my way okay?” Jake said emerging from the car. His hair was fluffed on top of his head. I swear he gets a perm every week. There is no way a mans hair could stay so still and curly. I stopped gaping at the perfect hair and eyed as he grunted at his phone.

“I’m just getting coffee. I know the board is going to be here. Donna dear- calm down. I‘ll be there on time. They‘re due at three and it‘s only two. I‘ll be there in five.” Jake hissed rolling his eyes. 

“I hope you’re ready to spill it.” I mumbled looking towards the shop again. Megan knew exactly where I was positioned. She gave me a thumbs up and turned around smiling at the coffee vender. Her eyes lit up with fury as she spotted Jake going in. His brown pants were fit with his white shirt tugged deep inside hidden by a beige belt. He had style I had to admit but an ego went along with it. I really didn’t get what Kim saw in him, maybe it was the sex. 

I called Megan and quickly closed my phone. I saw her check her phone and I knew we were set. She had gotten the signal and just like it was planned there was a hot French vanilla latte in her hand mixed with caramel and a hint of cinnamon. She might as well get a latte out of this. 

“Come on Meg don’t mess it up.” I begged and took out the screw driver which started to poke my thigh. I sighed turning the transparent green handle in between my finger. As soon as Jake was out of sight I started to get up, running past he hedges and dropped behind his car. I fumbled with the accessory known to men and plunged it into the tire. It gave off a whoosh of air , sweet fragrance of burnt rubber and cement. I closed my mouth not wanting to breath in the fumes and crouched back into the hedges. This will by excellent time for Kim.