Jackass Chapter 13

CHAPTER 13

Lance sat back his head resting on Megans shoulder as she enthusiastically went on and on about a girl at work. He knew exactly what she was doing. He didn't want to be set up with a girl. He didn't mind going to Kim's wedding alone, a lot of guys went alone. They can hook up with Brides maids, but Lance had his sight set on the Maid of Honor. He sighed and closed his eyes. Work had drained him out. He's been exhausted trying to work with Lily and then his boss was on his back about Cover Page mishap, not to mention Jessica was still avoiding him.

"She's definitely a ten out of ten. Very you Lance" Megan looked down at him. "You didn't listen to a single word I said did you?" she asked knowing all too well that he hadn't. He gave her a goofy grin and sat up straight.

"You know me so well baby. "He winked. Megan rolled her eyes and kicked him under the table.

"What is up with you lately? I barely see you, and when I do you're lost in your own world. Is it work? Is it a girl?" Megan stopped watching Lane eyes shift away from hers.

"It's a girl" she repeated.

"You can say that." Lance replied not wanting to talk about Jessica. They both sat there in silence until Megan finally spoke.

"You don't have to tell me. You should. But it's okay I have to go any ways. I'll see you around...baby" she kissed him on the cheek and turned to leave but was met with a hard chest.

"Watch where you're going!" Megan looked up and stopped herself from cussing. Her hands went straight to her hair .

"Luke! Hey. What's going on?" Lance stood up ready to shake his hand.

"I just saw you two thought Is top by to say hello." He smiled down at Megan. "but if you were leaving..."

"No I guess I can stay for a bit longer" Megan smiled back taking a seat Luke had pulled out for her. She whispered a thank you and avoided all eye contact with Lance.

"How have you been? Haven't seen you around the house lately."

"Just been crazy busy with work. It's almost the end of the season so it's been chaotic." She said staring straight into his eyes. He didn't look away. There was just something about her that made him want to get closer. Like her skin, he wanted to touch her just to see if her skin is as smooth as butter. Her eyes were very inviting but he saw the hesitance in her smile, the way she backs away whenever he's near.

"I see." He replied with a smile. He could tell she was nervous. Lance cleared his throat and stood up from his seat.

"I shall see you two later, just got a text from my assistant." He said his goodbyes and ran out of there as fast as he could. It's been a while since he'd seen Megan act like a school girl around a guy. The last time she had ever fumbled over her words like that was when she was with Duncan. He just didn't really jump at the fact that it was with Luke. A guy she knew nothing about, who just happens to be Jessica's estranged friend from California? Lance should be happy for her, Luke seemed like a swell guy. Megan has been a pretty good judge in that category. She picked Duncan didn't she? Lance pushed the idea to the back of his head and headed to work where he'd have his boss chew his head off for taking a two hour break.

Jessica turned in her bed for the hundredth time that day. She couldn't will herself to get up. Her father has been busy with Ian, and whatever free time Kim had she wanted to spend with Ian, and her mother was not an option. Jessica was bored out of her mind and she couldn't thing of where to go without thinking of Lance being there as well. She would imagine herself in the park and there he was his blue eyes staring down at her , his hair catching the sun just right , the scent of his cologne. Jessica groaned with despair and threw off her covers. It had been days since they've spoken. He'd been calling but gave up after a couple days, probably being considerate like he always was. Jessica rolled her eyes; just one more day and she would've given in.

"Are you up? It's 1'O Clock in the afternoon." Luke poked his head inside. Jessica sat up throwing her pillow at him.

"Why are you here?" she asked getting mad at the sight of him. He grinned and walked inside tossing the pillow thrown at him, on to the bed.

"I was bored. Thought I come and give you company."

"Well I'm bored too." Jessica pouted turning away from him. "Why are you here?!" Jessica asked turning back to him.

"I just told you I was bored and-"

"You know what I'm talking about. Why are you here in New York? In my house." Jessica watched as Luke crossed legs over her bed and stared right at her. His eyes bored into hers and she shifted her weight leaning against the bed head.

"I was here to get you back Jess."

"Jessica" she corrected him. "Was?" she raised her left brow.

"Yes, was. I don't know." He ran his hands through his hair and a flash of Lance running his hands through his golden hair .

"A month ago you were proposing and now you don't know?" She asked amused. He nodded laughing and cringing at the same time.

"A month ago I didn't meet her..." he closed his eyes thinking if he should mention Megan's name or not. Jessica cleared her throat a goofy smile over her face.

"Her? There is another woman?"

"I'm sorry for putting you through this torture. I guess you were right, we weren't meant for each other. And I did love you; at least I thought I did. You're fun, beautiful, smart, and you have this wit about you that I just love but I was never in love with you." Jessica leaned over and kissed Luke on the cheek.

"Good. Now you'll leave me the fuck alone"

Jessica pushed the last of the snickers into her mouth and went through the channels for the fourth time that evening. She had the house all to herself and no one to hang out with. Most of her friends weren't in the same state, and the little she did have, were busy with the wedding planning. Not that she was complaining, Kim was the center of attention and she deserved it. Jessica was just bored; she never really spent a day inside the house. She loved going outside, eating exotic snacks, walking under the sun in a sun dress. She looked down at her shorts and stained t shirt, not what she had in mind. She sat legs crossed watching the channels change on the TV and sighed.

"Anyone home?" Jessica jumped turning from her couch to meet Lance. His hair disarrayed a half un-tucked button down and very blue eyes. Jessica hated that he made her feel so weak in the knees.

"Just me." She replied turning back around not wanting to look at him.

"Actually came over to see you." Lance ran his hands through his hair and came around the couch. He fell back and closed his eyes. It had been a long day at work and he just wanted to lean his head back and sleep, but first he had to set things right with Jessica. It had been bugging him.

"I'm sorry." Jessica said and Lance sat up his eyes wide open. "Don't look so shocked." Jessica turned to him, her body facing him.

"You're apologizing to me?" Lance questioned can't help but smile.

"Yes. I over reacted and I was acting like a child. I don't own you; you can have sex with whoever you want." Jessica mumbled the last part. Lance stared at her for a good minute and took her hand in his.

"You're the only one I want to have sex with." He joked but Jessica didn't laugh, instead she leaned in taking his lips with hers and kissed him like she never kissed anyone before. He was hesitant at first, but her sweet mouth was magic. His fingers dove into her hair and pulled her closer until their chest collided. He could feel her breast against his chest which charged a strange current through him. Her skin was hot and he wanted to taste every inch of it. She probably read his mind because she was unbuttoning his shirt as fast as she could and he couldn't unhook her bra fast enough. Before any of them could reach for the others pants, the rattling of keys had them rushing to put their clothes back on.

*** Okay I can't decide who would be a good Lance /Jessica. If you guys have any suggestions comment below and if I think it fits I'll post it up and dedicate a chapter to you.***