In Love with a Jackass (Chapter 9)

Thank you for saying with me and putting up with my slow updates! I really appreciate it. Hope you like it! Don't foget to vote and comment! <3

Chapter 9

            Lance loosened his tie as he looked up at his office clock. It ticked slowly and tocked even slower. He let out a heavy sigh catching himself thinking about Lily once again. She was consuming his mind and not the way he liked. He closed his eyes for the third time that day and visualize the woman he so wanted to think of. Jessica’s sly cat like eyes came before him and a smile played on his lips. She was a thing of beauty. Those tantalizing long sleek legs, and the way her lip curled mischievously. His eyes popped open. Just thinking about her made blood rush down to his groin.

            No woman had had that sort of effect on him, not even Lily. Sure Lily was beautiful and time spent with her was amazing. At that moment he had thought he loved Lily. Sadly things never work out the way you plan them. Lance shot up from his chair, running his finger through his hair with frustration. He will not let Lily rule his mind. He needed to get over the heart break.

            The only person that could talk him out of it was Kim. She obviously knew what she was doing. Out of their group Kim was the only successful one in the matters of love. Sure she had to commit adultery to get there, but she crossed that finish line soon enough. Lance couldn’t help but let out a chuckle, remembering how he had declared his undying love to Jake Blair, only to help out a friend in need.

            “Leaving already?” Amy asked stopping at his office door. Lance looked up nodding.

            “You know what? That is a terrific idea. Just tell Donavon I got sick.” Lance gave his lovely assistant a quick peck on the cheek and left the office. He was going to meet Kim to get Lily out of his mind for good.

            “You sure you don’t want to come with us for lunch?” Kim asked as Jessica got out of their car. Jessica smiled and denied their invitation.

            “You two need some time alone. Without Momzilla” she winked. Ian let out an unwanted chuckle but quieted down when Kim shot him a desperate look. “Seriously go enjoy your time together. I need to catch up on my sleep.” Jessica waved to them and walked back inside. Luckily her parents were nowhere in sight. Curbing towards the kitchen she found a purple sticky note stuck to the fridge.

            “We’ll be back in a couple hours. Gone shopping” Jessica read the note knowing very well that Dad had probably dragged mom out to buy more gardening supplies. His business was picking up fast and he needed equipment. Money wasn’t a problem anymore since Ian was financing more than half of it but her dad always liked being independent. He rather wastes his profits than keep having Ian finance his business, even if Ian takes his cut.

            Guess she was all alone. To her pleasure Luke was nowhere in sight either. Maybe she could use this opportunity to have some time to herself. Pulling off her shoes from her throbbing feet Jessica sighed in relief. Heels were sexy but going shopping in them should be a crime. Turning on the Air conditioning on full blast Jessica danced to her own tune. Peeling off the rest of her clothes she grabbed her toiletries from her room and ran into the bathroom for a long bath.

            Jessica could already feel the stress wash away. She closed her eyes falling asleep. She would’ve slept for hours if it hadn’t been for the noise of glass shattering in the kitchen. She quickly got up washing away the soap and shampoo from her hair. Wrapping a towel around her body she stepped out of the bath looking around. Jessica gasped as she heard footsteps coming closer towards the bathroom. Jessica looked around the bathroom floor hoping to find some sort of weapon. Securing the towel to best of her knowledge Jessica picked up the mop stored away in the bathroom closet.