Chapter 9

I was looking for siongs for the sound track for this story! SO Carly here suggested this song that I feel plays into this chapter... =D Thank you!

Chapter9

it just didn't feel right. I had woken up to a sunny day with a dreamless sleep. I stood in front of the window watching the millions of people rushig to work while I just stood there in my gray shorts and my bra. Megan stuffed her cell phone behind me and patted my shoulder. I didn't turn around. I couldn't. Everything was just a mess in my head. Nothing made sense. Megan sighed and forcefully turned me around. Her eyes were smeared with neutral shades of brown and black mascara. 

"What's wrong?" she asked, her cool blue eyes stared at me trying to read me. I blinked a few times before I answered. 

"Nothing just feeling a bit off." I lied watching as her straight lip turned into a frown. 

"Really? You haven't said a word since last night. Barely made eye contact." she asked movin back. She studied me carefully.  

"I didn't sleep last night and I just feel awful, my head is killing me." I lied again. Sure I was feeling sick but not in the sense I was putting it into. 

"You should go get some sleep" she said as she kissed my cheek and gave me a hug good bye. She opened the door and ran out letting the door slowly swing shut. I ignored the way Mr.Carters son Andy was ogling me and locked the door. What to do? 

I decided to catch upon my reading. I got on to the tread mill as I slipped my head phones into my ears. Now this was the plus sde to audio books. I closed my eyes as I started to walk slowly and heard the soothing voice of a guy reading. I always loved being told a story no matter what the form. I opened my eyes again watching my cell phone screen light up. I slowed to a stop and jumped off the machine. I had sweat dripping down my back and smearing last nights eye liner.

"Hi mom" I said reluctantly. She coughed then clears her throat.  

"Kim." she said monoutnously. I sighed and regretted the words I had said to her atsinner the other night. 

"Mom. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gone overboard." I confessed feeling my back muscles tightened. 

"It's my fault sweet heart. I'm sorry, but that's not why I called. I put that night behind me. I forgive you" she said and sighed. There was something else. She usually kept on talking, but right now she paused after every word choosing it carefully. 

"Mom what's wrong?" I asked feeling the tension make way to my head.  

"When I saw you at dinner...I though-" she paused gathering her thoughts. I took in a deep breath and waited. 

"When someone loves someone they tend to do crazy things. Like listen to the kind of music the other likes even if it meant to sit in front of the speaker for four hours straight and listen to Ray Charles." she cleared her throat again. 

"Mom what is it?" I asked.  

"I'm tired of sitting on the couch listening to Ray Charles. I don't want to sit there with your father and listen to that awful music." she said taking in a deep breath. 

"You called me to tell me how much you hate listening to Jazz? You don't have to listen mom. 0 I told her and rolled my eyes; a habit I have taken a liking to for the past two weeks. 

"You don't understand" she said "I'm done-" 

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"I'm leaving your father Kim." she said. It was so easily said, so casually stated that I didn't get what she meant until I took a few seconds to breath.