Zayn

WARNING:

THIS CHAPTER INCLUDES NON-CONSENSUAL SEXUAL ACTIVITY AND REFERENCES

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Zayn amused himself looking at his fish, tapping the glass to try to get Bubbles attention. It didn't work obviously, that fish wouldn't even remember his own mother. Zayn sighed trying to work up the courage to get out of bed and get ready and go to school and go home and do homework and get ready for bed and go to sleep just so he can wake up and do it all over again and again and again and again. God, what's the point anymore?

"Zayn, get up we're gonna be late" Liam nagged lightly shaking his younger brother to get out of bed.

"I don't wanna go" he whined throwing his quilt over him again.

"Oh come on, you don't wanna see Mark get beat up?" Liam reminded Zayn of the fight, but honestly, Zayn didn't feel that it was worth it.

"I promise, it'll be worth it" Liam smiled looking down at Zayn's covered face.

"Fine" he groaned pulling the covers off of him "but only because you promise it'll be a good show."

"Yay," Liam cheered "I'll be downstairs, come down when you're ready."

Zayn watched Liam leave their room before sitting up from his bed. he couldn't help but feel a what can only be described as a hollowness in his chest. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, Zayn checks his phone scrolling through the photos his classmates posted. It was from a party he wasn't invited to but, that's okay.

***

The brothers made their way into the school, Harry and Niall quickly escaping away to their friends to avoid any further embarrassment from being associated with having a family. Zayn walked through the hall staring at the ground and trying to stay out of everybody's way. There were too many people at this school, there seemed to be getting more and more each year which wasn't to Zayn's liking.

Zayn turned into an empty classroom going to his usual seat. Putting in his headphones Zayn would now zone out for the day. Eventually, the rest of the class come in and took their seats and so did the teacher, Zayn didn't care. He just kept focusing on his music and drawing in his workbook. The teacher was... kinda dense and didn't really keep on track with what the class was doing, he just handed you a task sheet, sometimes forgot to come to class and didn't care if you plagiarised your work. Many times if you don't hand up an assignment (because you didn't do it in the first place) he'll think that he lost it and give you the average grade you usually get. So basically Zayn didn't do any work and wouldn't get in trouble from Simon, it was perfect.

The class felt like it was going on forever, everyone was talking out loud it was giving Zayn a headache. People were also playing music and running on the desk while the teacher was trying and failing to control the class. Zayn rolled his eyes and left the class, sitting outside. There wasn't a person in sight, it was perfect.

Zayn sat by a tree putting in his earphones in and going back to his drawings. He had half an hour till recess he didn't want to waste it.

"Hello," a feminine voice greeted. Zayn looked up to see a girl about his age with long blonde hair.

"Hi," Zayn greeted briefly glazing up at her before looking back at his notebook.

"Can I sit with you?" she asked, Zayn nodded not taking his eyes off his work. The girl sat down looking over at what the boy was drawing.

"That's a nice picture, you're a good drawer." The girl complimented, Zayn took out one of his earphones and mumbled a "thank you." He went back to his work, ignoring the girl.