The Ruby Ring

Ruby, I hope I see you, I've waited all this week

For you to walk my way, your soul will capture me

"HARRY" Liam yelled running through the house to find his younger brother.

"I GOT IT! I GOT IT!" he yelled excitedly finding his brother alone in the playroom and racing in and nearly slipping on a scattered Legos in the process.

"Got what?" Harry stared at his babbling brother. What could be so important that he has to interrupt him during his reading time? Liam stood up straight and dusted himself off.

"I got it" he tried to explain but Harry wasn't catching on.

"IT!" he told a bit louder and clearer.

Harry took a moment to process what "it" meant, then it hit him.

"OH... you got the new Nintendo switch"... maybe he didn't get it.

"No Harry I got the ring, the ruby ring, Louis' ring..." Harry took a moment to think of what Liam was trying to communicate to him.

Liam sighed "THE RING WE ARE GOING TO USE TO BREAK DAD AND KAREN UP!" He yelled making his brother flinch.

"Oh, that ring... Wait how is that going to help?" Harry asked he wasn't as of an evil genius as Louis. He could probably think of a zillion ways to play this out. Harry just couldn't think of anything. Liam plopped down on the couch next to his brother, throwing his arm around Harry.

"Do you remember when Louis broke up you and Diana?" Harry nodded. How could he honestly forget? Louis put a girl's earring in his room and Diana thought he was cheating on her. She went ballistic, she started to cry, yell, even destroyed the earring... Oh...

"No, Louis loves that ring" He couldn't disagree more with Liam's plan. Yes, he wanted to break Simon and Karen up but... not like this.

Liam nodded slowly "It's the only way we can get Louis to hate Karen enough to want to ruin her love" Liam explained. He didn't like the idea but... like he said... it's the only way.

"It can't be the only way?" Harry tried to think of another way but his mind was completely blank. Liam pulled out Harry's hand. Keeping it there while he reaches into his back pocket. He placed the ruby ring in Harry's palm. The two just looked at the red ring that Louis loves so much.

"How did you get it?" Harry asked trying to change the topic from something less cruel.

"I took it while he was washing his hands, we were at Paul's" Harry's mind was racing, he didn't know what to do.

"Harry" Liam spoke up breaking Harry's train of thought "It's just a ring" he reminded. Harry rubbed his suddenly tired face. Liam was right...

It's just a ring.

Your mama painted your room, "A shade of pink," she said

But with your great arrival, that shade has turned to red.

"Where is it?" Louis yelled at himself. He was tearing through his room like a hurricane. He lost the precious ring that Ashley gave him. How could he be so stupid? What if it fell down a drain? What if it fell in the rubbish and got thrown out? God Louis' head was spinning.

"Louis are you okay in there? Paul called. For the past half an hour he heard Louis' frustrated cries and objects being thrown around the kid's room. Louis busted through the door, his red bloodshot eyes stared at his uncle.