Family Life

Simon was ecstatic. His baby was back home and the rest of the boys have sorted out their problems. He said he didn't care, but he knew soon enough he'll find out.

Simon sat up in his bed ready for his youngest to barge in and jump on his bed. Like every morning, it was the ritual. Louis would jump in the bed and Simon and Lou would cuddle before they had to get up.

Simon waited.

He waited and waited.

Louis hasn't showed up.

Simon sighed and left the room to see if Louis was still sleeping in his bed.

Walking into the room next to his. It was empty and Louis was no where to be seen. Now Simon was worried.

"Louis" he called exiting

the room to the hallway as Liam was walking to the shower.

"Liam!" He panic and Liam already knew that he had lost Louis. He always gets this flustered when he can't find Louis.

"Have you seen-"

"No dad, I haven't seen Louis. I just woke up. Have you looked downstairs? In the bathroom? In the playroom?" He grumbled rolling his eyes. Liam was in no mood to be nice, he was still upset that the girl he really liked kissed his brother. So yeah he was in no mood.

Liam stormed passed his father not caring anymore.

"What's up with your brother?" Simon asked confused, looking at Harry who just joined in time to see Liam's outburst. Harry just shrugged.

Simon sighed and thought this day might not be as great as it seems.

Simon walked downstairs to see Louis sitting on the family computer.

"LOUIS" Simon said sternly startling the boy.

"Oh you scared me" he admitted before turning his attention back to the computer. That pissed Simon off. The boys were only allowed to go on the computer if they have Simon's permission.

"Louis William Cowell" he scolded. Now he was in trouble.

"What are the rules of the computer?" Louis didn't even look scare or even from the screen. The boy sighed. "Never use the computer without your permission." He finished with a eye roll and Simon did not miss that.

Why was he acting this way? Simon never allows the boys to disrespect him and Louis is not going to get away with it.

Louis scoffed in reply and continue to disrespect his father.

"That's it" he gritted through his teeth. Simon marched over to the small boy, grabbing his arm and ripping Louis away from the computer. The boy wince at the pain and Simon instantly felt bad and loosen his grip.

He knelt down and Louis was so small he was still shorter than Simon who was on his knees.

"Louis you never treat me that way, I am your father. You will show me more respect" he said calmly yet sternly not wanting to scare Louis but also remind him whose boss.

"Leave me alone" he shot back.

"Louis why are you acting out, tell me?" Simon asked concerned still effortlessly holding the boy in his hands who is trying his hardest to get out.

"LET GO OF ME" he cried. Now we were dealing with a temper tantrum. Simon sighed and pick up Louis off the ground. The rest of the boys have joined and been watching the commotion.

Simon just told them to get breakfast ready and he'll take Louis to his room to calm him down.

Louis was still fighting to get out of Simon's grip.

"Louis calm down." He soothed knowing now he could probably be acting out from the new adjustment to the medication. He put the boy on the ground still keeping him restrained.

"DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND" he cried. Simon felt a pang of guilt in his heart because it was true.

"All I wanted was to talk to Ashley" he whimpered "he's the only one who understands."

"Louis baby, you don't have to yell or cry. Remember what they said it helps to talk. Baby explain to me what is going through your head." That made Louis stop and stand still in Simon's grip.

"Hell."

***********************************

"Liam are you okay?" Niall asked sitting next to Liam on the lounge.

"No my girlfriend cheated on my" he sulk.

"Yeah I know" Niall admitted. Liam turned to his brother with a confused look on his face.

"How do you know?" He asked.

"The whole school is talking about it. Even the cleaning ladies" he told. Liam groaned and threw his head back.

Could this get any worse?

**********************************

Zayn needed to talk to Harry but he couldn't find that kid anywhere.

"Harry!" He called walking around the house and failing to find him. Zayn asked Niall and Liam. Liam didn't look up from the ceiling but thankfully Niall was more helpful.

"Yeah, last time I saw him he was at the back of the house." Zayn nodded and he walked straight to the back of the house where he saw his little brother sitting on the concrete step.

"Harry" he called gaining the boy's attention.

"Okay. I tried to play it your way but being honest your way is shit. So we are going to play it my way." He said holding out his hand "gimme."

Harry didn't reply he just looked at his bother and returned to his fidget spinner.

"Harry" Zayn whined dropping down to sit on the same step next to Harry.

"Please I just want one" he pleaded. Harry didn't look up at Zayn he just stared at the greenery ahead of him.

"No" he said bluntly making Zayn huffed. Even though Harry was only twelve he was already levelheaded.

"Please Harry just one and I'll stop". He pleaded but Harry wasn't giving him the time of day.

"No and if I wanted too I couldn't anyway" he sighed.

"Why?" Zayn questioned not really wanting to hear the answer.

"They're gone Zayn. When you gave them to me I destroyed them immediately." Harry admitted and Zayn's heart dropped.

"You what?" He ask in disbelief. Harry slapped his thigh frustrated and turned to Zayn.

"Get it through your head." He said sternly. "I. Destroyed. Your. Cigarettes." He told before walking back inside leaving a distraught Zayn alone.