Knives and Pitchforks

"Alright boys I have an announcement" Simon told the five boys sitting patiently around the living room.

"I have invited a special guest over for dinner and I expect you to all be on your best behaviour."

The room was silent no one knew who this person was.

"Who is it?" Liam asked seeing he is the leader and should do the questioning.

"Her name is Karen" Simon sat on the coffee table talking more gently now "we've been talking for a while and I really want to introduce her to the most important people in my life." Simon said to his sons who just stayed silent. They weren't ready for this, this was just too soon.

All had frowns on their face except for Louis.

"Congratulations daddy" he smiled running over to Simon for a hug. The man giggled at the boy's cuteness and lifted him up on his lap.

"Thank you baby boy." Simon gave multiple kisses on Louis' cheek, tickling the boy.

"So what do you think guys?" Simon asked turning his attention to his older children. The boys stayed silent and Zayn stormed off to his room clearly upset. Zayn didn't even react when Simon was calling him to come back.

Simon felt sadden that they weren't going to support him in this, but hopefully once they met her, they'll love her.

"Listen. she's going to be here any moment so can you all just be nice. I promise once you meet her, you will love her. The three boys still stayed silent and their frowns stayed put. Simon just sighed but his face then lit up when he heard the doorbell ring.

"That must be her."

Louis was expecting to be carried to the door but Simon only dropped him on the couch next to Liam. This did not upset Louis at all (note the sarcasm).

"Daddy" he whined but Simon was all ready gone.

"So what you all think?" Liam asked now that Simon was gone he could finally talk about this to his brothers.

"Well I'm not flipping with joy aren't I" Niall scoffed.

"It's just like, I knew it will happen eventually but just why now?" Harry said quietly feeling sad about the idea Simon would be with someone that wasn't their mum.

"I think it's good" Louis spoke up "he can finally be in a relationship again." Louis wasn't really fazed by the idea seeing that he doesn't have the same mother as them.

"Louis do you understand what would happen?" Liam asked the boy.

"What?" Louis was confused and wanted to know what would happen.

"You'll be replaced Lou" Harry told but Louis wouldn't believe him and just scoffed at Harry.

"It's true Louis. You won't get as many cuddles and kisses as usually cause they'll all be for her." Niall told scaring Louis but the boy tried to not show it.

"Sure" he challenged.

"No it's true Louis, you know those morning cuddles" Louis nodded "well when you run to Simon's room he'll be too busy cuddling her. You won't even get any room on the bed" okay now Harry and Niall where scaring him. Louis needed his daddy right now.

Once Louis ran off Liam let out a "nice, guys" scoff.

"What? It's true isn't it" Harry defended.

"Well yeah" Liam shrugged "but he didn't have to find out right away."

The boys conversation was cut off by the sound of chatter and footsteps.

Simon and the woman they assume was Karen walk in the living room arms linked to each other. Louis followed behind with a sad look on his face.

Liam felt bad for the boy.

"Daddy" Louis whined, running to Simon's side, jumping and raising his arms indicating he wanted to be picked up. Simon just walk by, ignoring Louis.

The three boys watch the sad look on Louis' face, it broke their hearts. Liam waved Louis over to them but he was too stubborn and he persisted to get his father's affection. Mostly he wanted to prove them wrong.

"Boys this is Karen" Simon introduced a very tall and thin woman. Her face was clearly had Botox in it and she had lip injections. Her fake blond hair was pulled into a tight ponytail. She seemed to like expensive things based on what she was wearing.

Louis was tugging on Simon's sleeve ignoring the woman's hello.

"Louis don't be rude." Simon scolded and with that Louis huffed and joined Zayn in his room.

"He just wanted a hug" Liam defended his brother.

"Liam" Simon warned. The older boy just rolled his eyes.

"Karen this is my oldest Liam, that's Harry and that's Niall. Of course you already met my youngest Louis and Zayn is up stairs." The girl only nodded.

"That's a lot of kids" she gritted she had a bit of an disgusted look on her face.

"And they are so" she ran her fingers though Harry's hair only to look disgusted and wipe her hands on her pants "cute."

"Dinner should be ready soon. Liam please go get Louis and Zayn down." He ordered. Liam obeyed shooting a unamused look at Simon.

***

It was time for dinner and Simon sat at the head of the table Karen sitting next to him. Liam had managed to get Zayn down with a little bribe that Liam would do his homework.

The four kids and two adults were waiting for Louis to come down. All the boys looked so depressed but Simon didn't seem to notice he was too distracted by Karen in their conversation.

Louis jumped down the stair case step by step till he stop and froze when he saw that she was sitting in his seat.

Simon saw his youngest in the room.

"Hi Lou" he greeted but Louis was bitter and didn't reply to his father. Only sat down at the other end of the table next to Zayn and Niall.

The family and their guest were all eating but Louis just sat there. Watching his family, he felt he had to do something. Fast.

Louis leaned in closer to Zayn and whispered into his ear. What Zayn heard made him freeze and turn to look at Louis who had a emotionless face. The younger boy left the table bumping it along the way.

The family wouldn't see Louis for the rest of the night.