The Only Exception

Louis:

"Louis!" Somebody called from outside the house. Louis was just in his room minding his own business when he heard little taps on his window.

"What the-" Louis muttered to himself. He walked over to the window and opened it wide.

Louis laughed at the person he saw, they stopped throwing pebbles when he saw Louis open the window and lean out to look down at them.

"You're an idiot" Louis joked.

"Hi Louis" the boy greeted.

"Hi Ashley" Louis smiled, he's always happy to see Ashley. It's been nearly a year since Louis met him and he still gets butterflies.

"Come down here" Ashley ordered nicely, his friendly warm smile not seeming to disappear.

"Simon will kill you" Louis shot back still quietly laughing at his boyfriend's pleas.

"I'm fine with that" he shrugged "as long as I get to spend my final moments with you."

"Have you always been a cheesy romantic." Louis teased but Ashley didn't say anything he just waited for his Louis to come down.

"Fine you win." Louis climbs out of his window and down the vines like he has done many times before. Louis thought to himself about how he is lucky enough to find someone like Ashley and be as young as he is.

Louis takes the final jump and lands on the ground, stumbling a bit but Ashley caught him in time.

"Hi" he smiled.

"Hi"

Louis stood up and instantly hugged Ashley. The two had to take a moment with one another before they left to their place.

The two boys ran over to the magical cave they found. The cave was completely made from stone and had a beautiful fresh water lake. Louis walked over to the lake and scooped up the clean, clear water letting it slip through his fingers.

The cave wasn't dark as the sky was currently in twilight, so they could see.

Louis stood up still facing the water when he heard music. He whipped around to see Ashley standing in front of his stereo playing "The Only Exception" by Paramore.

"Louis Cowell" Ashley spoke up reading a piece of paper.

Ashley continued to read what he has wrote for Louis.

"Your hair is purple,

And your eyes are blue,

I can't rhyme with purple,

But neither can you."

Louis chuckled at his attempt.

"I met you in a mental place,

Guess that means,

I have great taste

wanna be with you when we're old teens."

Ashley blew a kiss and Louis of course caught it placing it on his lips.

"I like that we have the same great taste in music,

So I'll like to say:

I wanna sing songs that no body wrote; with you.

I wanna make you believe you are lovely.

I wanna be with you when it's nine in the afternoon, and your eyes are the size of the moon."

Louis stared fondly at this boy, giving a chuckle here and there. He absolutely adores this boy. Even when he is just standing in front of him quoting emo songs.