Headache

Hangovers are no fun.

Simon woke up in Louis' bed. His head was pounding, his back felt broken and he felt queasy. He would stay in bed all day but he has four children to look after.

Cuddling Louis' pillow into his chest. Simon stumbled out of Louis' room, trying to keep his brain in his head.

He is never drinking again.

"Dad are you okay?" An innocent voice asked.

"Who is it?" Simon couldn't think straight everything was fuzzy.

"Um... Zayn" Simon reaches down and patted the boys head.

"Why time is Zayn?"

"It's 8:30 dad."

UGH. Why is he awake this early?

"I'll just go down and make breakfast." He told, zombie walking to the stairs.

"Umm... Liam... a little help" Zayn needed back up before his father fell down the stairs and killed himself.

"Yeah... Just gimme a minute" Liam told leaving his room.

"Whoa, whoa, hold on big guy" Liam grabbed onto Simon's arm. Zayn took the hit and grabbed his other hand.

Walking down to the living room to see Paul sleeping on the couch with Harry rolling on top of him and Niall in the kitchen drinking milk from the carton.

"Dad why don't you just go sit down over there" Liam guided Simon to the other lounge.

"Li-bear, please give me coffee?" Simon begged like his life depended on a cup of coffee.

"Same 'ere Li" Paul spoke up.

"What's wrong with dad and Simon?" The 11-year-old asked.

"They're hungover Ni" Zayn answered.

"We are not hungover Zayn" Simon spoke up, overhearing their conversation. He never wanted to be a bad role model for the boys.

"Sure, sure" Liam smiled, pouring the coffees in travel mugs so I can't spill the boiling liquid on themselves.

"We are not hungover over. We just had too much chocolate milk last night."

"Chocolate milk a.k.a. Alcohol" Harry added trying to get out of Paul's headlock.

"No we didn't drink alcohol just... just... I don't know, leave me alone." Simon sighed, he could think right now.

"Hear you go dad" Liam passed one coffee to Simon and the other to the newly released Harry. The 12-year old gave it to Paul who took a mouthful and passed it back to Harry.

"I also brought this" Liam handed the two men a couple of small white pills each, to help with their headache and nausea.

"Li, I love you" Paul had a new found appreciation for Liam right now.

"No worries."

***

Paul recovers quicker than Simon and decided to take the boys to the beach, giving Simon some god damn quite.

"Paul?" Liam spoke to his uncle, whom was drinking a smoothie said to help with hangovers.

"Yeah?"

"How did the surprise go?"

"What surprise?"

Liam rolled his eyes at his uncle.

"The intervention. You know the one we set up so dad can see that marrying Karen is a big mistake."

"Oh... that one"

"JESUS PAUL" Liam scolded. He was annoyed they set this whole thing up and Paul forgot.

"I was just there was this place, and these girls and I won..." Paul stopped for a moment "speaking of which what happened to that money."

"Pauul stay focused" Liam pulled the man's collar down so he can look at him eye to eye.

"The wedding is in 5 chapters we don't have time."

"Relax Li, Simon will come around don't worry."

"You better be right Paul, you better be right."

***

It was quite.

Simon laid his bed alone. It was nice. He tried to go to sleep but he felt so lonely in this moment.

Simon's eyelids grew heavier, and sleep was staring to take over.

Simon shot up on his bed. He heard something. Foot steps maybe. Simon told himself it was just his imagination and laid back down.

Simon was half asleep when he watched his door open slowly. Someone was there...

"Daddy?" A little voice filled the quite room. Simon must be dreaming.

"Louis?" Simon hear fast and quite footsteps getting closer to his bed. Simon lift his bed covers and Louis slid under next to him.

"I missed you daddy."

"I miss you too."

Simon held his son close. He isn't ever going to let him go again.