Play Date

Ashley has finally left the hospital and Louis was so happy because that meant he could come over for a play date.

Ashley came over at ten in the morning so they could spend the whole night together.

"Hi, Ashley" Louis greeted getting a hi back and a cuddle. Ashley's mum was with him and Simon invited her inside for a cup of tea while the boys went off to play.

Louis dragged Ashley upstairs to his room introducing him to Harry and Liam along the way.

"He's so cute" Liam cooed about his brother to Harry.

"Do you think Louis likes him?" Harry smiled happily.

"Like, or like-like?" Liam joked raising his eyebrows.

**********************************

Zayn was sitting on the family lounge gnawing at his fingernails.

He wanted a smoke. No, he needed one.

"Zayn are you okay" it was Niall.

"Yes, I'm fine." Zayn shot back at his younger brother sounding annoyed.

"Well you don't look fine" Niall sighed crossing his arms waiting for Zayn to explain.

"IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!" He yelled making Niall flinch. None of the brothers yelled at one another so it took Niall off guard.

"Don't yell at me, I've done nothing wrong?" he said sternly. Niall was young but he had already learnt how to stick up for himself.

"I'm sorry," Zayn said feeling deflated.

"Do you have any gum?" He asked and Niall rolled his eyes reaching to his back pocket. He held a roll of bubblegum in front of Zayn who reached for it. Niall quickly held it out of Zayn's reach.

"Tell me what's wrong first" he ordered.

"Fine, but you have to promise not to tell anyone or freak out" Niall nodded instantly.

"I've been smoking" he whispered but it was loud enough for Niall to hear.

"WHAT!" He said in shock "SMOK-" Niall was cut off by Zayn covering his mouth.

"Shhhh... Niall, Simon can never know. He'll kill me." He whispered. Niall looked clearly upset that his brother was smoking. He had friends who underage drink and still think that smoking was going too far.

"Why," Niall said tear rimming his eyes.

"A kid gave me a box and I've just got addicted. I'm trying to quit I promise." He frowned.

Niall didn't want to hear any more. He just threw the bubblegum at his brother and left Zayn all alone.

***********************************

Harry and Liam were playing video games in Zayn and Liam's room. Harry kept on losing and he was getting annoyed.

"Liam" Harry whined.

"Harry" Liam whined back mocking Harry's tone.

"You're cheating" he accused.

"No I'm not" he defended "you're just really bad."

"No I'm not" he whined.

"No, I'm not" Liam mocked again imitating Harry's voice.

"I don't sound like that" Harry pouted.

"I don't sound like that" Liam repeated making Harry angrier.

"Stop it" he cried.

"Stop it" Liam continued. Out of Harry's annoyance, he threw the remote control away in frustration of accidentally hitting the TV and knocking it over.

BANG, SMASH.

"Harry what did you do?" Liam said in utter shock.

"I didn't mean too" Harry defended scared of the consequences.

***********************************

Louis and Ashley were watching a movie together sitting on Louis' bed. The room was already a mess from all the fun they were having together. Ashley's mum has already left saying that he could stay overnight which made both of the boys ecstatic.

They were midway through the movie when Ashley nervously asked Louis "can I hug you?" He gave an unsure smile to Louis not wanting to scare him.

Louis knew what he meant and hesitantly wrapped his arms around Ashley.

Louis blushed at the feeling, he likes being so close to him. Ashley removed away his hand making Louis a little sadder at the loss of contact. This quickly changed when Ashley pulled Louis closer and snuggled him into his side, resting his hand on his back, stroking it gently. Louis' face gets redder at the affectionate actions, he just nuzzles his face closer to Ashley as he way to show appreciation.

"You're my best friend," Louis said honestly, he didn't have an easy time making friends but with Ashley, it just seems to make sense.

"You're my best friend too" Ashley replied. Ashley placed a kiss on Louis' cheek making the younger boy giggle at the affection. Louis didn't want the kiss to end, it felt like magic.

The two completely ignoring the movie decided it was more fun to peck at each other's faces with small quick kisses.

"I adore you," Ashley told. Using Louis' favourite word to express how he feels made Louis completely smitten.

**********************************

"What was that?" Simon called once hearing the loud noise. He ran upstairs to the room with a shocked Liam and a guilty looking Harry.

"What happened?" Simon asked mostly directly to Harry.

"I didn't mean too. I threw the controller and it hit the TV. I didn't mean too." Harry was scared he hated being in trouble, thankfully Simon took pity on him.

"Come on Harry, come with me" he ordered calmly. Harry was hesitant but obeyed his father not want to make his situation worse.

"Dad, he really didn't-" Liam spoke up defending his little brother but Simon raised his hand silencing him.

He left the room with Harry soon to return with a vacuum, newspaper, rubbish bags, a broom and a dustpan.

"Harry be careful of the glass, alright?" Simon warned not wanting Harry to get hurt. The two cleaned the broken glass and Simon and Liam carried the broken TV near the outside bins. Harry was still upset and was crying slightly trying to cover his sobs.

Simon looked at Harry with sad eyes he hated when his boys were upset.

"Come here Bub" Simon held his arms out welcoming Harry in with a hug. The boy took the offer and ran into his father's arms. He broke down in tears making his father's heartbreak. Simon's knelt down to Harry's height and wiped away his tears with the back of his hand.

"What's wrong bubba?" Simon asked wanting to confront him and scare away his fears.

"I'm so sorry" he cried hiding his face in Simon's chest.

"It's okay Bub. The mess is all cleaned no one was hurt, but you will be paying for Zayn and Liam's new TV. Yeah?" Harry nodded now accepting his fate.

"Why are you still crying" Simon soothed.

"I don't want you to be mad at me" he spoke.

"Bub I'm not mad at you about anything. I believe you when you say it was a mistake. But" he explained to the now calmer Harry.

"You know we shouldn't throw things in the house" Harry cried again knowing what was happening. Simon just wanted to forget everything and just hold Harry in his arms.

"I know you didn't mean too but someone could've been hurt." Harry knew he was going to be punished. Harry had to make it really hard for Simon but when he decided on a punishment he stuck with it.

Simon looked at Harry and sighed,

"Two weeks of cleaning the house," Simon told, Harry groaned but accepted it anyway.

"Fine."