Woven Unicorn

"I have a gift for you" Ashley told Louis.

It was midnight and they laid on their backs at the park close to Louis' house. The street lights lit up the area. He's getting use to the lack of attention from Simon since he is so preoccupied with Karen. He has an easier time sneaking out and seeing Ashley.

"What is it?" Louis asked sending a smile to his boyfriend. In a couple of months it will be their one year anniversary and Louis is very excited.

Ashley ran his fingers though Louis' hair. The purple was all washed out, he sort of misses the colour. Ashley kisses he forehead and his cheek before sitting up and pulling out a small, skinny box from his bag.

"Here" he told while giving Louis the box.

Louis pulled at the pink bow that kept the lid and box together. He lifted the lid and what he saw made tears well in his eyes.

The box held a ring, a ring with a red rock attract to it.

It was a ruby.

"The first day we met you told me your favourite song was 'Ruby'." Ashley explained glad to see Louis sidling it on his finger.

"It's a class ring by the way."

"Ashley it's beautiful." Louis loves the ring he's going to wear it all the time. The boy leaned in to kiss Ashley's cheek.

"Thank you."

***

Niall was with Simon and Paul at the mall. They were picking out wedding rings for the big day Niall was so excited about (note the sarcasm). The other boys where with Liam and Zayn in the shop next door. Simon told them they had 20 minutes and they should be back here.

Liam didn't want to go, he wanted to sabotage the ring buying but Louis and Harry wanted to see the prank shop. He as the big brother has to be the babysitter.

Niall was bored out of his mind. He didn't care much about the wedding, the boys were calling doomsday. He had just one thing on his mind and he saw it everywhere. He saw his problem at the line up for milkshakes, shopping for shoes, getting its nails done.

He was going insane.

The boys came back empty handed. Louis ran to Simon to be picked up but Simon was too focus on looking at rings to even notice his youngest son.

Louis clearly looked offended and settled for Paul who instantly picked him up.

Paul mentally groaned at Simon. He called the wedding doomsday as well. He tries to knock some sense in Simon but his head is lost in the clouds.

"Oi" Paul called once seeing the piece of jewelry on Louis' finger. Paul held up Louis' small hand to inspect the rock.

"Who's buying you jewelry?" He questioned.

"His boyfriend bought him that"Liam told getting a death stare from Louis. Paul doesn't even know he was gay. Liam just outed him, how dare he?

"Boyfriend right. And why haven't I met him." Paul shot an offended look to Louis.

"I didn't know how to tell you I'm gay" he defended.

"Little Lou" Paul started "from the day you were born I knew you were gay. When I first saw you I was like" Paul clicked his fingers "that boy came out with glitter."

The four boys laugh at Louis blush. Paul was right though.

"How you think Simon will take it?" Harry asked.

"Yeah it was kinda a mess last time when Lou came out" Niall added.

Paul looked back at his brother who was busy trying on rings.