My Baby

Louis was Simon's. By blood, Simon was Louis' uncle but by love he was Louis' father.

Simon remembers when his sister was in labour with her first son. She had been sort of banished from the family by choices she has made.

But around Christmas time she sent her brothers; Simon and Paul a letter.

Louis' mother was a beautiful woman. She was well known for her short blonde hair, red lipstick and blue sparkly eyes. Just like Louis'.

She was so young when Louis was born, so innocent and so naive. She didn't know what she was doing, she was just so clueless.

Their parents kick her out when she was just 16 years old. That's how she came upon Derek.

Oh, Derek, he was the athlete, the player, the bad boy, the cool guy all the women wanted and all the men wanted to be.

The two were smitten with puppy love for each. They were partners in crime.

It.... wasn't good from the start though. She was such a sweet girl and never did anything bad until she met Derek. She would sneak out, drink, smoke, take drugs, partake in dangerous activities that sometimes landed them behind bars.

She moved in with him two months after meeting Derek. Before she was couch surfing with people she met on the internet. God only knows what could've or did happen to her.

When she was 18 years old Liam came into the world. It was also the first time Simon saw her since she was kicked out. She came to the hospital room said hi and held her first nephew. She left Simon's life again and didn't come back till the time she was pregnant.

When she was 20 she broke up with Derek and moved on to Richard who was 35. There was something sketchy about him that Simon never liked. His judgment was good.

After two year of dating Richard they had fallen in love and even married but one day she ran into her old friend. Derek.

They were 22 years old when she was pregnant with Louis. When she confessed to Richard that she was with Derek's child he was pissed and beat up Derek. That's how Derek found out.

Derek made it clear that he didn't want anything to do with Louis and that broke her heart because she still loved him.

She was scared of Richard. He was a violent person behind closed doors.

Richard never hit her while she was pregnant. He could control himself until the child was born.

He became so controlling over her so one night she snuck out and traveled outta state to see Simon.

Simon always thought it was like a scene from a movie. After he just put his four young children to bed Simon went out to the front of his house taking the rubbish bag to the bin. He was about to head back inside when his eyes caught hers. She was still as beautiful when she was younger and with her pregnancy, she was glowing. Simon stared at her afraid that blinking would somehow mean she'll disappear.

"I should go," she told turning back to the darkness of the night. But Simon hugged her before she disappeared. He missed his little sister. A lot.

He showed her his house he bought. He told her that one day he'll have his dream house. He took her to the boys' room and introduced them one by one while they were still sleeping soundly.

They went back down to the kitchen where Simon offered to make her a coffee but she declined so he gave her water.

They talked till late in the night. She took the opportunity at 12:38 am to tell her brother important news. Simon remembers it like it was yesterday.

"I'm pregnant." Simon was shell-shocked. His baby sister was pregnant.

"I wanna asked that if something happens to me, will you look after the baby?" Simon loved Children, he already had 4 young boys but he didn't care.

Simon smiled flattered that she trust him this much. He huffed the only words that came in his head "yes."

She left again and Simon and Paul didn't see her again till the day Louis was born. Richard wasn't there. He never seemed to like Louis probably since he wasn't his biological son. But that wasn't Louis' fault.

Simon was the first to hold him and as soon as he looked in the beautiful blue eyes the same as his mother Simon fell in love with the precious gift of life.

When they left the hospital Simon bought them a house close to his so he would be able to see his sister and his nephew but not Richard he didn't want anything to do with him.

Days went by and more hospitable visits for the clumsy accidents. It was common that she would have bruises on her body.

Simon babysat Louis a lot more often. but he didn't mind he loves and adored Louis like he was his own son. The boys loved him too.

Simon was happy that he got to see Louis every day when his parents to work. But there were some awkward moments. Louis would throw tantrums and wouldn't stop until he was in Simon's arms.

One day Richard came over to pick Louis up. Simon had Louis cuddled on the couch. Five-year-old Liam opened the door once he figured out it was Richard. Once gaining entry he snatched Louis out of Simon's arms and headed to the front door. Simon would never forget those teary blue eyes and small little hands reaching out for him begging to be brought back to Simon.

That day Simon promised himself to never let go of Louis and to always fight for him.

Simon was never as angry in his than the day when Louis came over with a bruise on his face. Richard tried to cover it up with chocolate but he couldn't fool him. Simon immediately filled entirely with rage.

He rushed over to his house leaving Paul to watch the kids. He found Richard sitting on the couch in his underwear smoking a bong. Ripping the pipe away like Richard did to him with Louis. Simon started to assault him for what he did to Louis. Simon smashed his face. His fist was bloody and bruised, he managed to cause great damage to Richard but he didn't care.

Later the police were called in, both Richard and Simon were arrested. Paul paid for Simon's bail and Richard received a sentence for domestic violence from abusing his wife and stepson.

He received a sentence for ten years and two restraining orders.

Simon promises to never let anyone hurt him ever again.

Everything seems to be going great until Simon's sister became ill. She was too sick to look after Louis as she was living in the hospital, therefore, Simon looked after him full time. Half a year later she passed away.

Nothing was ever the same after she died.

Simon's baby sister left him again but this time she was never coming back.

Simon was given legal full custody of Louis. Simon loves his sister and when he looks into Louis' baby blue eyes he sees her.

The night Simon finally has Louis forever he held him close to his chest and cuddled him on the rocking in Louis' undecorated room.

Louis drifted off to sleep in his arms. Louis was so small so precious. He is Simon's

little baby and nothing was going to change that.

Simon laid Louis down in his crib. Placing a stuffed toy poodle under his arm.

"Goodnight Louis" he whispered kissing his baby on the face before leaving him for the sweetest of dreams.