The Wedding

It's time...

The day has finally come. Some are excited (Karen and Simon's parents) and some are not (Paul and the boys) and some didn't know if this day was good or bad.

Simon's eyes shot open, looking around his bedroom.

"It's the big day" Simon sighed to himself. Simon just noticed that there was a warm body curled at his side. He looked next to him seeing Louis sleeping peaceful and safe in Simon's arms. Louis might not be his biological son but that never mattered to Simon. He still remembers the day when Louis joined their family...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Simon sat a 4-year old Louis in the backseat of his car giving him a kiss on the cheek before closing the door. Louis usually doesn't let any adult near him in fear of being hurt... but he trusts Simon.

Simon sat in the driver's seat and angled the rear view so he can keep an eye on the little boy in the booster seat.

"You alright there Lou?" Simon asked, the boy just nodded not taking his eyes off the ground. For his short life, he's been through so much, he's scared and sad. He just wanted his mum and couldn't understand why he couldn't see her.

Simon buckled himself in, giving a sad smile to the boy and started the car.

"Hey, you like music?" Simon asked his main goal was to get Louis to smile but the boy just nodded not even looking at Simon. The man sighed and reached out grabbing a cd folder that was filled with kids CD's and passed it to Louis. The boy was hesitant but accepted the folder.

"Look through it and we'll play any that you like" Simon gave a comforting smile watching in the mirror as the boy flipped through the choices of music. Louis searched through the folder only seeing that they were all Disney music, CD's from kids band, nursery rhymes and audio children's novels. Louis wasn't interested in any of them. Nervously he looked up at Simon.

"You haf more?" the sweet voice asked making Simon smile at hearing the little voice. That was the folder that had all the music the boys can listen to. He didn't want them listening to anything else that could affect them negatively. But he wanted to make Louis feel safe so Simon handed him the CD case with all the "grown-up" music.

"Here you go kiddo" Louis took the case and when he opened the folder, it could only be described that he found the holy grail. Flipping through the CD's he saw so many bands that Louis loves. From Guns and Roses to Paramore. It took a while for Louis to choose, making cute little humming sounds and holding his chin like he was stroking an imaginary beard. Simon couldn't help but chuckle, watching the boy in the mirror. He was sure that Louis wouldn't recognise any of these artists.

When flipping through the folder Louis stopped, stunned and happy when he saw the CD. reaching out to the front of the car Louis' little hands past a CD to Simon.

"Oh, so which one did you pick-" He smiled until he saw the CD. It was The Greatest Hits of Louis Armstrong. This was Louis' mother's CD he remembers how much she used to love Louis Armstrong. Even when they were kids she would play Wonderful World every morning. He can still hear her tone death voice singing and dancing along as she was making breakfast. Hell, she loves his music so much she named her only son after him.

Simon gave a soft smile to the boy.

"Good pick," he told sliding it in the cd player filling the car with La Vie en Rose. Louis felt a lot calmer now and so did Simon.

Driving home Simon passed by one of his favourite cafe, it was lunchtime and he was feeling a little peckish.

"Hey Lou, you feeling hungry?"