Bittersweet

"Zayn?" Simon called from outside Liam and Zayn's bedroom.

"Well, mate I'll leave you to it," Liam said from their desk chair patting his knee comforting.

"He's going to kill me" Zayn stressed worried about what will happen when Simon walks in.

"Oh. You'll be fine." Liam reassured but it didn't help Zayn at all. Liam sighed knowing nothing he'll say will help Zayn calm his anxieties.

"Listen. Simon is a big softy. He pretends to be all big and tuff but it's all an act. He just wants us to be safe." Zayn sighed at Liam's advice.

"If you want, I'll stay. For emotional support of course." Simon entered the room with a slight smile on his face.

"I'll be okay Liam," Zayn told hinting that he could go.

"You sure?" Liam asked receiving a nod from his brother. Liam gave a shrug before leaving the two in his room.

"Zayn" Simon started "I'm sorry about how I made you feel. I never want you boys to be upset ever. Even when it's at me." Simon said sitting on the desk chair Liam abandoned, hunching over to look Zayn in the eye.

Zayn only nodded, he didn't know what to do in this situation.

"I'm sorry" Zayn whispered tear threatening to fall "I didn't want to disrespect you" now he was crying.

Simon wanted to cry when he saw Zayn suffer so he did the only thing he knew how to do. He hugged his son.

Bringing Zayn into his lap like he was a little child. Zayn didn't mind he excepted the comfort, burying his face in the crook of Simon's neck and cried. Simon wiped his tears gently stroking his back. Simon kissed his face reminding him he still loves him and will always do no matter what.

Eventually, Zayn calmed down but didn't move from his position. They sat in silence for a bit until Simon placed Zayn on the bed looking back into his eyes.

"Why can't you just talk to me. I'm your dad I should be like your therapist. You should wanna come to me rather than drugs." Simon was sad, maybe Liam was right and he was going through some stuff. Why couldn't his son come to him? Why do they all keep secrets away from him?

It was sad really there was so much going through their lives and he didn't know any of it. It sorta made him a little mad.

"I don't have to tell you anything," Zayn told quietly not looking into Simon's eye. Zayn knew he'll never understand. Zayn didn't want to live this way but what could he do?

"Please, Zayn I want to understand." Simon pleaded.

Zayn sighed knowing he was not going to give up, so he gave in.

They sat for hours in the kid's room. Zayn explains how he feels, what he has done. Simon let a few stray tears fall. He didn't like what he was hearing but this is what it took to be a good dad then so be it.