Louis on the Couch

DISCLAIMER:

This chapter will contain the topics of:

- mental illness

- child abuse

- physical/sexual abuse

- miscarriaging

- course language

- mild violence

If you are triggered by any of these please do not read.

This is a very special chapter where you learn more about Louis' life especially before he joined the Cowell family.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

***

WHY

wʌɪ/

adverb

1.

for what reason or purpose.

"why did he do it?"

***

Louis laid out on the couch he has been on many times before. His therapist was about to enter and start their usual two hour session they do every Wednesday.

Louis likes to go though Marvin's collection psychology book. Louis usually reads them before he comes in. He learns a lot from them, it's honestly quite fascinating how psychology works.

"Louis?" Marvin calls, walking in his office to see the boy laying on the couch with his nose in one of his books. Marvin sometimes lets him take home the novels, he's quite impressed that a 9-year-old likes reading such technical and complex books.

"YO" the boy greeted putting down the book on the small table besides the couch.

"How are ya mate?" Marvin asked slapping Louis' hand in the secret handshake they made up.

"Pretty good, yourself?" Marvin has been working with Louis for nearly a year, they have became quite close friends. So they feel comfortable enough to talk to each other not in a business way.

"So..." Marvin started dropping down on the seat "I just talked to your Uncle Paul and told him we are going to have a special four hour session."

Louis was use to these session, when ever Marvin felt that Louis needed more time or if Simon has told him Louis wasn't doing so well at home. Marvin always found more time to talk to Louis.

But today he wanted to go over something Louis has yet to talk about.

"Okay" Louis smiled, fiddling with the stress toys Marvin always had on the table.

"So, the wedding is coming up. How are you feeling about Karen marrying Simon?"

Marvin wasn't expecting Louis' reaction.

"UGH" he groaned "Wedding, wedding, wedding. Is there anything else people talk about anymore."

"I'm guessing you aren't excited about it." Marvin was kidding but he used his professional voice to tease Louis.

"Shut up" Louis joked.

"I mean like Karen's a fucking bitch" Louis explains throwing a stress ball to Marvin who caught it effortlessly.

Marvin nods along. Louis' swearing doesn't even phase him anymore.

"And I ain't saying she's a gold digger" Louis adds.