23 | You May Be Asked To Leave

OH MY GOODNESS GUYS CHECK OUT THE AMAZING TRAILER TO THE SIDE DONE BY JessR11

____________________________________________________________

«Madeline's POV»

"Sorry." Flynn looked down at his feet. "I-I'm trying so hard. I just can't. I'm sorry for letting you down."

I bit my lip and stared down at the white tiled floor, memories flashing back of Flynn skipping down the hallway next to me and belting out a song about 'following the white tiled hall'. I felt the tears start to resurface. Why couldn't he remember me? He was my absolute everything.

I wiped my eyes and glared at him in frustration. "UGH!" I screamed and ran out of the room with Gaige soon close on my tail. I needed to vent my anger. Why? Why wouldn't he remember me? This was frustrating. He remembered Gaige, but not me. He LOVED me. That should've been enough.

I needed answers, and fast.

"Mad, wait up!" Gaige called out from behind me, picking up his pace. Before he was at a leisurely walk‒and somehow managed to stay right behind me‒but now he was actually starting to try. Which meant he would catch up in just a matter of seconds.

I spun around, causing him to run straight into me. I stumbled backwards. "What did you just call me?"

"Mad? As in, MADeline?" Gaige wiggled his eyebrows.

"Yeah I got that. I'm not an idiot." I rolled my eyes. "Just, no nicknames, okay? It's just Madeline."

"Was that two references to The Fault In Our Stars in one sentence?" Gaige smiled down at me.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"You said 'okay?' and 'JUST Madeline' like JUST Hazel."

"How did you know that and not me?" I wondered.

"I don't know, I saw it a couple times with different girls and paid attention because Shailene Woodley is hot."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't even start."

"She's ways hotter than you'll ever be."

"Oh my god!" I groaned. "Stop embarrassing yourself."

"Are you challenging Shailene's hotness?"

"Shut up."

"She's hotter than you, she's hotter than you-"

"Shut up, let's go get dinner."

"Where to?" He asked as we skipped out through the doors. We had gotten tired of hospital food already.

"How about Macho Nacho?"

"Okay, but no complaints about the smell afterwards." The corner of Gaige's mouth twitched as he attempted to hold back a smile.

I hit him across his chest. "You're so gross!"

"I know you like them nasty."

"What? I-That doesn't even make sense!" I spluttered.

"I know you like THE nasty." He threw a wink my way.

"Oh my god!" I covered my ears. "Do you ever shut up?"

"Not even when I'm having sex. I just moan-"

"EW!" I screamed. "You've just ruined my innocence."

"You know, that's what all the ladies say the morning after."

"'Ew'? I don't think that's a good thing." I teased him.

"You know what I'm talking about." He grumbled and casually tossed an arm around my shoulder.