12 | Baby You're like the Ocean (Part 2)

«Flynn's POV»

Madeline had a black eye. A fucking black eye. How could anybody be that cruel to give a sweet girl like her a black eye? Whoever it was, I was totally ready to hunt them down and kill them.

"Who did this to you?" I demanded, cold fury radiating from my glare. Madeline shrunk back, and I immediately felt bad. "Sorry."

"Um, I don't want to say." She whimpered, tears slipping out of her eyes.

"You have to tell me." I persisted.

"It was Daddy," Lux looked up at me with wide brown eyes. "He was so mad he hit her right in the face and threw a lamp across the room and it broke."

"Your dad did that?" I asked incredulously.

Madeline nodded weakly.

"Oh my fu-" I remembered at the last second that Lux was eleven. "Freaking god. Where is your dad?"

"Flynn, please don't do anything." Madeline begged, tears dripping down her face.

"How could he do this to you?" I yelled, more angry than I had ever been. "He gave you a goddamn black eye and you want me to sit here and do nothing? Oh, I'll do something, alright, and it won't be pretty."

Madeline flung herself in front of me before I could storm further into the house and wring her dad's neck. "Please don't, Flynn." She cried. "Please don't hurt him."

"Has he done this before?! Has he hurt you before?" I seethed.

Madeline hesitated. "No."

"You can tell me," I soothed her, trying to get over my rage.

"Yes," She sobbed and I pulled her into a warm hug.

Just then, Madeline's dad walked out of his "study" and paused in his tracks when he saw me. "Lux, he isn't supposed to be in here."

"Well, I am. So deal with it." I said back smugly.

"Get out of my house." He said with dangerous undertones.

"I'm taking Lux and Madeline with me." I told him.

"You can't take my children."

"You don't deserve to have children as good as these." I said coldly.

"You little shit." Their dad growled, venom dripping from every word.

For me, that was my snapping point. I calmly walked up to him, socked him in the jaw and ran off with Lux and Madeline in tow.

"Flynn!" Madeline exploded once we got into the car. "I told you not to hurt him!"

"I never agreed to your stupid Terms and Conditions. Nobody ever pays attention to those anyway. He freaking deserved it!" I exploded right back.

"How does he deserve it Flynn?" Madeline asked.

"Are seriously asking me that question right now? He ABUSES you, Madeline. I can't just sit by and watch," I explained. "I don't want anything to happen to you." I added the last part quietly.

The rest of the car ride to Lux's day care (for the weekends) was silent. And, bruh. It was as awkward as the time Miley told Oliver she was Hannah Montana! Don't ask me how I knew this. I didn't even have a little sister to blame it on. It just happened, okay?

As soon as Lux got out of the car, Madeline turned to me. "Let's just pretend this morning didn't happen, okay?"

"Okay, but we're still taking about it later." I bargained.

"Fine, we'll just start over for now." She emphasized the last part.

Like any regular morning, a started with my anti-pickup line. "Baby, you're like the ocean."

"And you think you're lost at sea?" Madeline asked with a faint smile on her face.

"No, you're like the ocean: rough and full of crap." I smiled back as she stuck her tongue out at me.

"Real mature." I told her as she had told me a couple days back.

"I try." She responded with a cheesy grin on her face.

"And fail." I smirked.

Madeline rolled her eyes, and then seemed to come to a sudden realization. "Wait, where are we going?"

"My house, duh."

"Why?" She almost whined.

"We really need to work on our project. It's due in like a week and we really haven't done anything." I said, feeling responsible and organized. Which I really wasn't.

"Fine, whatever."

Somebody's moody, I thought. But that's totally understandable. I mean, well, you probably caught my drift.

A/N: DRIFT HAS BEEN CAUGHT

I THINK

JK I DON'T THINK

I HAVE NO BRAIN ACTIVITY