06 | Can I Take a Picture of You?

«Flynn's POV»

After that, I chuckled for a long, long time. And then I considered actually using my locker, just to annoy Madeline. I decided to do just that. I unloaded all the unnecessary crap from my backpack into my locker, making myself quite late for English in the process.

Now that I think about it, Madeline actually was in that class too. Whoa, how many of my classes was she in?

I casually walked into English, as if I wasn't late at all.

"Can you please tell the class why you're so late?" Ms. Brutana asked.

"Someone told me to go to hell," I started, glaring at Madeline. "I couldn't find it at first, but now I'm here."

The class burst into laughter, with the exception of Ms. Brutana and Madeline. "DETENTION!" Ms. Brutana yelled.

I had it coming sooner or later, honestly.

I took my seat next to my friend Devan and we started talking up a storm, not even paying attention to the lesson.

Then I heard my name.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, turning to face the front.

"I said," Ms. Brutana looked like she was about to explode. "Switch seats with Wesley."

"Why?" I asked blankly.

"Do you even know what this lesson is about?" She questioned.

"Maybe if you did a quick recap, I could answer that question with a yes." I answered and Devan snickered slightly beside me.

"Switch seats. Now." Ms. Brutana demanded.

"Yessir." I gave her a quick salute and move to switch seats. I was really pushing it, I know. But there are these days when I can't help it. Well, I could've helped it...if I had remembered to take my ADD medicine. I had been in a rush that morning, okay?

Don't judge.

I looked over at my new seat partner, and immediately scowled. "Ew, it's you."

"You're the one who looks gross." Madeline retorted.

"Um, have you seen your face lately? Oh right, you probably haven't because you break every mirror you look in." I shot back.

She growled. "Oh, Flynn. How I wish we could be better strangers."

"Ain't happening, sweetie." I put emphasis on the last part, just to tick her off.

She glared at me.

"Haven't your parents ever taught you that it's rude to stare?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes. "Look, I'm busy. Can I ignore you some other time?"

She turned back to her book just as the bell rang. She then packed up her bags and turned to leave.

But I had a pickup line to use. "Hey, wait," I said. "Can I take a picture of you?"

"So you can show Santa exactly what you want for Christmas?" She asked moodily.

"No, so I can show the police exactly who I want to file a restraint order against." I told her.

She took a deep breath and we had an intense staring contest.

"Actually, you know what?" I said. "You take a picture of me. It lasts longer."

She sneered and walked away.

During detention, I sneaked my phone out under the desk and texted Madeline:

Flynn-8, Madeline-2. Who's brilliantly stupid now?
-
A/N: salty much?

#saltinessonpoint

and this chapter is dedicated to @just_luv_it for the awesome feedback. thanks for your support! :)

banner/cover to the side is by @SparkleyEyesHailey