14 | I'm A Thief

(FAWN TO THE SIDE-->)

«Flynn's POV»

Around twenty minutes after we finished editing Madeline's video, Gaige and Fawn showed up. They were going to help us make the movie trailer for my project. I know, I'm pretty cool. You don't have to tell me. So, of course, I had the brilliant idea to be super a overachiever and make a movie trailer instead of a boring talk show like everybody else. Fawn was going to film us and Gaige was going to be my partner-in-crime. Just like in real life.

So the plot was that I was a thief and I kidnapped Madeline. We included some of our everyday arguments in there too. We like to keep it real. Then I question her about herself because why not? I don't know...it seemed like a good idea at the time.

We set up the scene and got ready.

"And...action!" Fawn yelled.

We got into our places. Gaige dragged Madeline into the center of the room.

"Hi," I say with a slight smirk that Fawn told me to do. "I'm a thief-"

"And you've come to steal my heart?" Madeline asked, acting bored.

"Wait." I paused and looked confused. "You have one of those?"

She rolled her eyes. "Let's just get this over with."

"Your full name is Madeline Rose Schultz. You were born January 2, 1998. Am I right or am I right?"

She sighed. "You're right."

"Your favorite color is gray, and your lucky number is 21."

"Right again."

"When you grow up, you want to have two kids." I winked.

Madeline looked at me in disgust. "Yes."

"Your favorite book is The Perks of Being a Wallflower and your favorite movie is Divergent. By the way, next year we're TOTALLY going to see Insurgent together."

"No way."

"Yes way."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Guys," Gaige entered the scene. "Chill yourselves. We have to get all the information we can. Listen. Madeline, we're not the bad guys. We're trying to help you. What happens next...is much, much worse."

Then we cut the camera over to the door. Fawn kicked it down, just as we had arranged. There was a fake gun in each hand. "Hands up, losers. I'm taking the girl." She says. The camera shuts off.

"We're totally adding special effects in later." I said, and Gaige grinned.

"Let's make everything blow up." He said.

We all laughed, but the moment ended suddenly when we heard a raw, ear piercing scream followed by a loud crash.

I felt my eyes go wide. "MOM!" I yelled, and stumbled down the stairs. I heard everybody else following suit behind me. I found her on the floor next to the kitchen island, unmoving.

I turned to my friends. "We gotta get her to the hospital!" I said frantically.

"Gaige is already out there starting the car." Fawn explained.

"Help me get her out there. You get the arms. I'll get the legs. Madeline, you support the middle." I ordered as calmly as I possibly could. I picked up her legs with ease, and Fawn hoisted her limp body up by the arms. Madeline positioned herself around the waist. We ran out to the car, too rushed to even stumble. We gently placed her in the middle section of Fawn's family's minivan. The girls climbed into the back and I jumped into the passenger seat next to Gaige. "GOGOGO!" I yelled hysterically, not sure what to do.