18 | If I Got A Dollar...

«Flynn's POV»

I felt broken. I felt useless. I could feel myself starting to fade, to move towards the darkness. To stay there. But just a small part of me was reminded of the best things in my life; soccer, friends, Madeline, food, and life itself. I fought for them. I needed to stay. I remembered how devastated I felt when my mom passed. I could never let my friends go through that.

Speaking of soccer, how the hell was I supposed to play? It felt like just about every bone in my body is broken. When I woke up, pretty much all of them were. Except for my right leg. That was REALLY helpful. Wheelchair, here I come. Basically, I was going to blame this all on my dad. If he hadn't cheated on mom, then we wouldn't have moved and I wouldn't have had to get on the stupid plane that almost cost me my life.

The doctors told me I was one of two survivors. Do you know how lucky that was? They also told me that I had the worse end of the injuries. The other guy? Concussion and wrists broken. Me? Concussion, four ribs both arms and one leg broken, neck sprained, bruises and burns, and I had to use a FREAKING breathing tube. Do you know how annoying that shit was? I couldn't move at all! Except for my mouth.

They were all like, at least you can talk! Did I care? I wanted to walk! I wanted to be able to live my life normally. I hoped that the situation wasn't permanent. I was CAPTAIN of the soccer team! I couldn't let my team down! Long story short, I was in the middle of freaking out when Madeline showed up. She looked like she had been crying too much. Yet, she was still gorgeous.

But then my dad had to come in and ruin the whole moment that I was trying to create. I needed to tell her how I felt sooner or later. Or, at least how I thought I felt. I remembered the text I sent her, and panicked for a second. That would be totally awkward. She hadn't brought it up yet though.

A sudden realization came to me. If I was able to move, I would've slapped my forehead for my stupidity. You can't text on planes, dumbass. I chided myself.

Like I was saying, my dad ruined the whole thing.

"I'll just send them in," Alice, the lady from the front desk told us and held the door open for my other visitors. I was trying to think of who it could possibly be, but then I gave up because my head hurt too much.

When I saw who it was, I was ready to leap out of the bed and tackle him to the ground. Anger pent-up inside of me and I saw red. "Dad?" I asked, but I'm pretty sure it came out as a growl. It was then that I became aware of the fact that I probably shouldn't have gone to see my dad. It would NOT have ended well. I hadn't realized how mad I was at him for letting us go. He cheated on mom, didn't care enough to keep in touch with us, and now... now he doesn't even have the same slut that he cheated on mom with. What a man-whore.

"Yes," He said, looking me straight in the eye. "It's nice to see you again."

"I'm sorry that I can't say the same," I said, feigning a sympathetic look.

"Is that your girlfriend?" He asked, nodding towards Madeline.

"Is that your stripper?" I countered, looking at the blonde he came with. "Talk about a downgrade."

I saw rage burn in his eyes. "Do not talk about your stepmother like that."

"Oh, I have a stepmother now? Was the other whore not enough for you? You had to find a new one. Or maybe was it a new fifty. I'll never know, because YOU BROKE OUR FAMILY APART!"

"It's not my fault you guys came home when you did." Dad argued.

"So you would have been perfectly fine, with a free conscious if you were fucking another woman while your wife and child were out. You had a wife. AND A CHILD. You lied behind their backs. You cheated. And I am NEVER forgiving you for that." I spat, with a murderous glare sent his way.