05 | Well, I'm Here

«Madeline's POV»

I walked out of the prison they called school and began to jog to the retirement home, lost in thought. Flynn had probably changed the argument scoreboard so he had six by then.

I was going to have to step up my game.

After about ten minutes of jogging and thinking about Flynn--wait, what?!

I said nothing. Anyway, I had arrived at the center. For an hour, I served lunch in the cafe, and for the last twenty minutes of my stay I visited my grandmother on my mom's side.

I full out sprinted to the cafe. I was running a little late because I was distracted by the spawn of Satan. You know who I was referring to. He Who Must Not Be Named. Like Voldemort.

I'd have to ask him if he was secretly Voldemort later.

I threw on my apron and rushed over to the booth where the hostesses are supposed wait to lead people to tables. That was my job there. Bask in all it's glory.

A trio of gray-haired ladies walked in. That was my cue. "Good afternoon! Table for three?"

An hour later later, I was lounging on the couch in my Grandma's cottage.

"How are you doing sweetie?" She asked me.

"Great, how about you?"

"Fine," She answered, but then got down to business. I hadn't been able to visit her for two weeks because I had to work extra. "Are there any guys in your life, as of the past two weeks? I know you're kind of like a lone wolf, but..."

"Actually there is a guy." I informed her.

"Spill, girlfriend. Right. Now." Gotta love Grandma.

"I don't like him, Grandma. I'm not even sure if we're friends." I groaned, bracing myself for what was coming next.

"Trust me, you'll be friends soon. And then EVEN MORE." She had a creepy glint in her eyes. Sometimes she acted like a teenager more than I did.

"Grandma!" I moaned, squeezing my eyes shut.

"You have to tell me how you met!" She squealed. Literally. Do you know how disturbing that was?

"I was working my weekend job and he came in and used a pickup line on me. I retaliated and then he fought fire with fire. It turned out we're in the same class, and now we have to work on a project together." I gave her the quickest version possible.

"Wait, you never told me his name!" She exclaimed.

"Flynn Blaise Chaste," I replied without thinking.

"You know his middle name! Okay, that's it. My Flydeline ship has officially sailed."

"Your WHAT ship?!" I almost yelled.

"Flydeline. Madeline and Flynn combined." Grandma stated matter-of-factly.

I mentally gave myself a face-desk.

Suddenly, she spoke up. "I would love to fangirl with you more, sweetie, but I think it's time for you to get back to school."

I glanced at the clock over her stove and saw that my twenty minutes were indeed up. "I love you Grandma." I gave her a hug.

"I love you too, hon," She gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Visit soon, and bring more news of Mr. Chaste when you come!"

I rolled my eyes. "Bye, Grandma!"

"Bye!"

I walked out of the complex and once again, began to jog. I thought about what Grandma said, and shuddered. Never again. I didn't know what medication they put her on, but I think it might have made her a tad bit delusional.

I checked my crappy watch and quickened my pace. I was really cutting it close with this one. Then the familiar grounds came into view.

Five minutes to spare. I twisted the combo into my lock and pried it open. I dumped my wallet and bag in, then looked for the books I'd be needing next.

Out of nowhere, Flynn appeared. He casually leaned against the lockers, obviously preparing for a pickup line.

"Well, I'm here," He said.

"Let me guess," I interrupted. "What are my other two wishes?"

"No, I was gonna say that you should leave before your severe case of stupidity infects me."

"Why should I leave my own locker just so you can stand here?" I'd got him. Or so I thought.

"Because my locker is right next to yours." Flynn answered smoothly. That's why the locker was always empty; he never used it.

My face fell as I realized the score was now 7-2 Flynn. DARN IT!

"Go to hell." I was so flustered, I couldn't think of any comebacks.

"As long as you're not there." He retorted.

I, in turn, flipped him off and then stalked to class.

A/N: THANKS TO TANUSHAH FOR HELPING ME THINK OF 'FLYDELINE' FOR THEIR SHIP NAME

ALSO HELP ME AND VOTE FOR DIS CHAPTER DOE