01 | Are You From Tennessee?

«Madeline's POV»

It was a slow day at AT&T. I was fidgeting with cellphone cords behind the back counter when I heard the bell ring, signaling that someone had walked in. I looked up, and sadly, fangirled at the sight. The guy was tan, with messy dark brown hair and bright blue eyes.

"I think something is wrong with my phone." He said.

"What seems to be the problem?" I asked.

"It doesn't have your number in it," He grinned.

"Looks like it'll have to stay broken, because I can't help you there." I stated bluntly, not wanting to boost this guy's obviously overinflated ego.

"I guess I'll just have to leave then, AND MAKE SURE to leave a complaint about..." He looked at my name tag. "Madeline."

"No! Wait!" I called, whipping out a pen. I scrawled my number out on his palm.

As I was writing, he asked, "Are you from Tennessee?"

"Why? Because I'm the only ten you see?" I had already heard this one countless times.

"Nah," He said. "You're more like a 5 or 6."

I glared at him.

"By the way, my names Flynn. Flynn Chaste." He said, and walked out of the store.

UGH, guys like that made me want to rip my hair out. Not that I ever would. My hair to me was like a spatula to spongebob.

Even a clarinet to Squidward, if you will. But that might be taking it too far. I mean, nothing can compare to that.

Excuse me, I tend to ramble a lot.

I proceeded to lounge around the store until closing time. Then I normally took the bus home. But that day, there was a lot more in store for me.

I walked outside, and a sleek red Ferrari is waiting there front and center. I wondered who it belonged to. The door opened, and out stepped Flynn.

Of course.

"Need a ride?" He asked.

"Not from you," I answered, and turned on my heel to walk away. He appeared in front of me again. "Go away."

"No," He answered firmly.

"Why won't you leave me alone?" I asked.

"Listen, I know you have to take the bus home, and I'm trying to save you the trouble. Can't you let a guy be nice to you for once?" He demanded.

I sighed. "Fine, but that doesn't mean you've won this argument."

"Okay with me. I'll just win it later."

A/N: So this is the new novel I'm trying out. How did you like it?

This chapter is dedicated to my bestie, @Live_4_books_ who helped me figure a few things out with this book. thanks girl!

please comment and don't forget to vote! ;) if u know what i mean

lol if you add that to the end of anything that sounds creepy

if u know what i mean