🌙55🌙

I sat crossed legged on my bed, holding my quill above my notebook. I watched as the ink dropped onto the pages and disappear. Merlin, how am I going to tell my father and Sirius that the biggest knob in the entire school knows my secret.

"I'm so dead," I sighed. At that moment, writing appeared on my notebook.

Joy?

Dad if I tell you something, can you not get pissed at me?

Oh Merlin, what's wrong

Malfoy knows about me, he heard you threatening Snape.

Dad?

DAD?!

He didn't say anything. "Please say or write something!" I demanded.

Joy? It's Sirius, go down to the fireplace in the Gryffindor common room okay? See you in a minute

I went downstairs and thankfully no one was there. I sat in front of the fireplace and I jumped out of my skin once I saw Sirius' head. "Bloody hell!"

"Missed you too," Sirius muttered. "Now what's this I hear about Malfoy?"

"He knows who Dad is and he knows about me," I told him. "What happened before that?" Sirius asked me. "He was being a dick, he was insulting my friends and called Mum the M word, then I called him a knob and a spoiled brat, then he stunned me.." I explained. "He used a spell on you?!" Sirius cut me off. "HE DID WHAT?!" I heard a familiar voice in the background.

"Dad, please don't be mad at me!" I trembled, my voice laced with fear. "No, no," I saw Dad's face in the fireplace. "Joy, sweetheart, I'm not mad, it's not your fault, it's mine, I should've threatened him in a more private place."

"What did you say to him? Exactly?" I asked Dad out of curiosity. "Yeah, Moonykins? What did you say?" Sirius smirked. "Stop calling me that and go hang out with your new boyfriend," Dad clapped back. "I did not ask your stupid dog to sniff my butt!" Sirius exclaimed. "You did it back," I pointed out.

"Anyway, Moony tried to punch Snape and told him that if he even hinted at your condition, he'd rip off his dangly bits and make him choke on them," Sirius smirked.

"I did not say that!" Dad gasped. "What I said was that if he ever did that again, I'll make him wish I killed him back in fifth year."

"Well, I don't think he's going to blab, Mad Eye Moody defended me," I told him. "He was angry that he cursed me when I had my back turned and he...turned him into a ferret."

"A ferret?!" Sirius exclaimed. "It was really funny," I had a tiny smirk on my face. "McGonagall promised me she'd deal with it."

"I'm just glad you've got Moody on your side," Sirius said. "Snape and Malfoy seem frightened of him, I think that's a good thing," I mumbled. "Moody said he was going to tell Tia what happened."

"Joy, listen to me," I heard my dad's voice again. "I want you to keep me updated, okay?"

"You don't have to worry about me, Dad," I told him. "Of course I do Joy, I'm your father, it's my job to worry," he said to me. "And I know the full moons will be harder since Padfoot won't be there, it'll be your first one alone since..."

"Dad, I'll be fine," I told him. "I know you will, I'm just worried about you," Dad sighed. "I know," I mumbled. "I'll be careful."

"I love you."

"Love you too, Dad."

The fire returned to normal and I just sat in front of the fire, watching the wood burn.