🌙17🌙

I followed Dumbledore to the corridor and I looked up to see a message written in blood.

THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED! ENEMIES OF THE HEIR BEWARE!

My eyes nearly bulged out of my skull just reading that. I saw something hanging from the torch basket. A cat...Filch's cat.

"Argus, come with me, Mr Potter, Mr Weasley, Miss Granger, Miss Jones, come along too."

McGonagall and Snape tagged along too. Unfortunately so did Lockhart. It looked like the bloody thing was stuffed.

None of us were even listening to Lockhart going on and on about what spells he could have used.

He probably wouldn't even know them, one and two, I was too focused on the possibility of me transforming into a werewolf.

"She's not dead, Argus," Dumbledore announced. "She's been petrified, although I do not know how..."

"Ask him!" Filch pointed at Harry. "No second year could perform this level of Dark Magic.." Dumbledore spoke up.

"He did it!" Filch insisted. "You saw what he wrote on the wall! He knows..he knows I'm a Squib!"

I looked at Harry and he just had this look of disbelief plastered all over his face. "I didn't touch Mrs Norris! I don't even know what a Squib is!"

"Rubbish, he saw my Kwikspell letter!"

"If I may speak," Snape piped up. "Potter and his friends may have simply been in the wrong place at the wrong time but we have some suspicious circumstances, why were they here? Why weren't they at the Halloween feast?"

"We were at the Deathday Party, ask the ghosts! They saw us!" Ron piped up.

"But why come here?" Snape interrogated them. "We were looking for Joy," Harry told him. "We haven't seen her since lunch and we didn't want to go to the feast without her."

"I don't think Potter is being truthful, Headmaster," Snape smirked. "I think he should be taken off the Gryffindor Quidditch team until he's ready, to be honest."

"Really Severus?" McGonagall grumbled, clearly annoyed. "The cat wasn't hit on the head with a broom, there is no reason to stop the boy from playing Quidditch! There's no evidence that Potter did anything wrong!"

"Innocent until proven guilty," Dumbledore agreed with her. "We can revive her, Argus, Professor Sprout has Mandrakes in her greenhouse and once they're fully grown, we can brew a restorative potion."

"I'll make it," Lockhart grinned. "Last time I checked, I'm the Potions master at this school," Snape glared at him.

Damn, you could literally feel the temperature drop. "You may go," Dumbledore dismissed them..but not me.

"Miss Jones, be careful, you must keep your friends close, do not push them away, understand?"

"Yes Professor," I nodded and he let me leave.

I caught up with Harry Ron and Hermione. "You were ages!" Ron exclaimed.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," I said sarcastically. "I need to talk to you guys, it's important."

"Yeah, so do I," Harry mumbled. "I heard a voice saying 'I smell blood,' it sounded like it was hungry for something."

"That can't be good," I sighed. "But you believe I had nothing to do with it right?" Harry asked me, looking at me with his emerald green eyes.

"Of course I do," I reassured him. "Joy..." Hermione looked at me. "Dumbledore said I can't turn but he'd rather me somewhere else on the full moons. I'm still worried about these laws and I'm terrified that I could be persecuted!"