🌙24🌙

Things were getting worse. We were back to square bloody one. We had no idea who opened the Chamber of Secrets fifty years ago, or who was doing it today. Or what the monster was.

We also found out about something bad in Transfiguration. The exams were starting in ONE WEEK!

Have I been doing revision? Of course not!

"We're still getting exams?!" Seamus ranted. "The point of keeping the school open is to receive education," McGonagall scowled. "Exams are a part of that."

I sighed and nearly slammed my head off the table. "I completely forgot about exams, I didn't think they'd go ahead," I complained.

"When was the last time you looked at a book?" Ron asked me. "A long time," I yawned,

The days rolled in faster and faster and I was getting extremely nervous.

"I have an announcement!" McGonagall shushed us one morning.

"Dumbledore's back!"

"The Heir of Slytherin's been caught!"

"Quidditch is back on!" Wood was enthusiastic.

McGonagall rolled her eyes at Wood. "The Mandrakes are ready for cutting, tonight we will be able to revive those who have been petrified!"

Loud cheers erupted in the Great Hall. "I miss Hermione, hopefully she'll be able to help us," Ron said to me and Harry.

"She'll do a nut about the exams," I chuckled, helping myself to scrambled eggs.

Ginny came over to us and she looked white in the face and was shaking. "Are you alright, Gin?" I asked her.

She shook her head. "There's...something you need to know," she stuttered, on the verge of tears.

"What is it?" Harry asked her. "Gin, it's okay, you can tell us," I said gently.

"It's about what's happening," she sniffled. "The Chamber..."

We all leaned forward, wanting to know what she was going to say. Percy came strolling over to us. "If you're finished eating, I'll have that seat Ginny."

Ginny leapt up and ran away. "Oh, nice going!" Ron snapped at him. "She was trying to tell us something."

"Well, it's not about the Chamber," Percy muttered. "Ginny caught me..ugh never mind, I thought she'd keep her mouth shut, pass the rolls would you, Joy?"

I handed him the plate.

***

"The first words they'll say was 'It was Hagrid' poor souls," Lockhart said to Harry. "These security measures that Professor McGonagall put up are unnecessary."

"I agree," Harry muttered. "Why thank you, Harry," Lockhart beamed. Me and Ron rolled our eyes. "You know you'll end up paying those five Galleons right?" Ron looked at me.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"Sir, you can leave us here, we only have one more corridor," Ron suggested. "I think I will, best prepare for my next class."

He walked off and I snorted loudly. "More like redo his hair."

Ron burst out laughing and we walked down the corridor, heading towards Moaning Myrtle's bathroom.

"Potter! Weasley! Jones! What are you doing?!" McGonagall demanded.

"We were going to visit Hermione," I told her. "We thought we could sneak in, we haven't seen her for such a long time."