🌙16🌙

Soon enough it was October. Everyone was getting colds and taking Pepperup Potion. Poor Ginny was looking quite pale too, must've caught a cold too.

Two full moons have passed. One of them I just got a little snippy but not this one. Lavender, Parvati and Fay just thought I had food poisoning but Hermione stayed by my side as I fought through the pain.

"Is she on her period?" Lavender asked Hermione. "No! Leave her alone, Joy where's the potion?"

"Box, under bed," I groaned. My head started hurting too and I whimpered silently. "Oh, my head!"

"Your head?"

The headache suddenly faded as I uncorked the potion and poured it down my throat. "I wouldn't want to see her drunk," I heard Lavender whisper.

"Yeah, my hearing isn't impaired!" I snapped. "So shush!"

"Joy!" Hermione pinned me down to the bed as I started thrashing. "Control yourself!"

The Sleeping Draught started kicking in and Hermione gripped my hand.

***

I woke up to a pillow hitting me and I looked up to see Hermione. "Thank God," she laughed. "I thought I'd have to throw you out of the bloody bed."

"Sleeping Draughts aren't easy to wake up from," I sighed. "Last night was a bad one."

I stood up, still in a little pain, as if I just got a huge gash on my leg. "Are you and your father linked?" Hermione wondered. "I really don't know," I admitted. "Werewolves reproducing are a big no no in this community, the Ministry think werewolves are bad enough. Probably why they terminated his rights to be my father."

"That's awful," she sighed. "Somehow I always knew when the full moon was, I'd be sad, angry, when I was a baby I couldn't stop screaming my head off," I confessed. "But life is so difficult for werewolves, to get a job, to live."

"So if the Ministry finds out.." Hermione murmured, unable to finish her sentence. "Then my life will basically be ruined, can't get a job because of some stupid law, it's why my furry little problem has to stay a secret."

"But, you won't be able to hurt anybody though," Hermione pointed out. "We don't know what the extent of your lycanthropy is."

I put my head in my hands. "This is why werewolves having children is highly not recommended because you never know if the kid will turn or not."

"I could do some research," Hermione offered. "All the known werewolves, some of them must have had children before."

"Well, the only people who properly know about my condition are you, Harry, Ron, Dumbledore, McGonagall, Madam Pomfrey and my entire family," I sighed.

"But we'll always have your back, I mean you're the girl who's addicted to chocolate, I'm not exactly quivering with fear," Hermione told me. I chuckled a little.

"Wish I could ask my dad," I mumbled. "Then do! Dumbledore must know where your father is, your dad is the only person who can really understand what you're going through."

"Okay," I nodded. "Now, even werewolves need their breakfast, come on," Hermione tossed me my uniform.

***

"What are you writing?" Harry asked me during lunch on Halloween. "A letter, to my dad," I told him. "You don't even know where your dad is!" Ron exclaimed.

"Dumbledore might, I had a bad full moon and I need to talk to someone who properly knows what I'm going through."

"Honestly Ronald," Hermione rolled her eyes.

I went back to my letter.

Dear Dad

This is Joanna, your daughter. I know the Ministry has forbade you to have contact with me until I'm of age. Tia explained it to me last week. But screw them and what they think.

I'm not sure if you know, but I feel the effects of the full moon. I can't turn but I get snippy some of the time. Sometimes I get very sad and very angry, easily annoyed. Most of the time, I'm getting sick and run a very high fever. But the last full moon I was in so much pain. I thought maybe I was going to turn. Tia said I can't but I'm not so sure.

I don't know what the extent of it will be. It says nothing about it in DADA. No one knows about the child of a wolf. I don't think I will turn but I wish I knew more. I only learned about this last year.

I'm scared and I'm worried about this. Will I turn? I don't want to hurt anyone. I know I'm being ridiculous but these new laws make me feel uneasy. I can't imagine how it's been for you.

I wish I could know you. I know you can't have direct contact with me but Tia is trying to get you visitation rights. I've grown up without a mum. I don't want to grow up without a dad too.

I'm giving this letter to Dumbledore to send to you, since I don't know your name or where you are. Sorry to bother you but you're the only person I can talk to about this sort of stuff.

From your loving daughter

Joy.

PS I'm on the Quidditch team now! As a Chaser! Just like Mum

I stopped writing and Hermione looked at me. "All done?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna go see Dumbledore," I said and I walked towards the massive gargoyle.

"Oh, I don't know the password," I sighed.

"Miss Jones?" I turned around to see Professor Dumbledore. "Are you alright?"

"I just need to ask a favour," I explained. "Okay, come on up," Dumbledore whispered the password and the gargoyle jumped out of the way.

"Now," he sat as his desk. "Fire away."

"Professor, you know where my father is..right?" I asked him. "I do, I think you want me to send that letter, correct?"

I nodded. "Is there something else? I know there's something wrong," Dumbledore pointed out.

"Professor, you know the way..I inherited my dad's condition? The full moon has more effects on me and I'm panicking that I'm going to turn and hurt my friends," I finally let it out.

"Well, Miss Jones, you aren't the only offspring of a werewolf I have met," Dumbledore admitted. "Though being born with this gene is extremely rare, I met another about seventy years ago, a young boy who had about six brothers and sisters, but like you his mother was human, they turned out just fine."

He looked me right in the eye. "Only if both parents have the condition, the child will turn, since it's only your father, you cannot fully turn but I suggest not having the experiences in the dormitory."

Thank God. It's awkward to explain to my dorm mates why I get so sick.

"Where would I have them?" I asked him. "Your father went to the Shrieking Shack, so there would be the best option," Dumbledore suggested. "It was never haunted Joy, that was your father during his transformation. But you turning is very unlikely, but it's best to keep it contained. The less people that know, the better."

Dumbledore looked at me with pity. "Your father is a good man Joy, it's a shame about that laws the Ministry put up."

"I'll get a job and I'll tear down that law," I said. "Werewolves are still people, they shouldn't be treated like outcasts."

"I do hope you pursue that career, Miss Jones," Dumbledore told me. "So, you know what to do."

"I do," I nodded. A bird made a tiny noise next to Dumbledore. "He's gorgeous!" I exclaimed. "That's Fawkes, he's a phoenix," Dumbledore told me. "Don't be shy."

I carefully stroked him. "Hey there, boy," I cooed. "I'll get this to your father as soon as possible," Dumbledore promised me. "And keep your friends close, Miss Jones."

"I will, thank you sir," I said. Just as I was about to leave, McGonagall came rushing in. "Professor Dumbledore, something has happened on the second floor corridor."