🌙33🌙

I turned around to make sure there was no one behind me. I heightened my hearing, to listen out for heartbeats. I couldn't hear anything so I ran towards the Whomping Willow Sunday evening.

I poked the knot with a stick and went through the tunnel. I walked into the shack to see Sirius, in dog form. "Don't worry, I'm alone, no one followed me."

Sirius changed back to human. I put down my red backpack with white polka dots. "Undetectable Extension Charm, plenty in there."

"To last how long?" Sirius asked me, diving through the bag. "A fortnight," I told him. "I gave the house elves a bit of a tip, they all thought they didn't want it until I convinced them."

"I saw you play," Sirius told me as he tucked into the food. "Great flyer you are, better than your mother."

"You saw me?" I tilted my head in confusion. Sirius nodded. "You saved that boy's life, what happened?"

I rolled up my sleeve to show him the Lichtenberg Figure. "Damn," he muttered. "I'm okay though, doesn't hurt," I told him.

"Well, now I know I can trust you," Sirius looked up at me. "Since you didn't tattle on me. Have a seat."

I sat down on the bed cross legged. "I'm listening."

"You see, my friends and I became Animagi to help your father with his transformations, your mum did too," Sirius told me. "WHAT?!" I freaked out. "My mum was an Animagus?! What animals were you?" my interest in the story increased.

"I was a dog, as you've seen, your mum was a fox, James was a stag while Peter Pettigrew was a rat, see where I'm going?"

"But he's dead."

Sirius shook his head violently. "I wanted him dead, I was going to kill him, but he killed those Muggles, turned into a rat and scampered away, leaving me to be the scapegoat for the Ministry, no trial, no Priori Incantatum, nothing, he probably blabbed about your mother too."

"Why did you want him dead?" I wondered. "Because he told Voldemort where Harry's parents were hiding, everyone thought it was me, your father thought it was me, James and Lily were murdered thanks to that bastard," Sirius grumbled. "He shouted that it was my fault before he blew up those Muggles and sliced off his finger, faking his death, so everyone thinks I did it."

"My mum? What do you mean he blabbed?"

Sirius sighed. "Your mother was a very powerful Legilimens, she could look a man in the eye and learn everything about him, even his deepest darkest secrets. She was tasked to look into Voldemort's mind but she was cunning. Could read his mind without leaving a trace."

"Is that why my mum died? She left a trace?"

"That was the thing, she didn't leave a trace but someone told him that it was her doing it, she had a vision of her own death so she knew Voldemort was coming for her, she and your dad tried to take you, make a run for it but he got to her first. She bought your father time to protect both him and you. That same night, he was forbidden to see you. Alivia was forbidden to tell us the extent of her mission, but I want to know what she could've known that'd put a bounty on her head."

"I don't think that information died with her, she must've spread the word."

"She must have," Sirius agreed. "But not to me, not to anyone I can think of, do you have anything of your mother's?"

"Her locket," I told Sirius, fishing the chain out. "Silly thing won't open, it's all she left me." 

I handed him the locket and he inspected it. It was a rose gold locket with a symbol of a fox engraved on it. It was decorated with tiny rubies too.