🌙46🌙

"Okay, so we're all coming here for Christmas?" Tia wondered as she was writing some letters for work.

"That doesn't answer my question," I said. "I'm not spoiling the fun," Tia laughed. "You'll find out in September."

"Tell me one thing at least," I begged her. "Well, there's a Christmas ball..."

"Oh ew," I shuddered, making Tia snort. "Okay and it'll be me, you, your dad and possibly Sirius for Christmas."

"Did your parents and Dad get along?" I wondered. "Never properly met, they passed away when I was nine," Tia told me. "Although my mother thought Remus sounded like the perfect boyfriend for my sister, James was over the most."

***

I grabbed my broom and went outside into the back garden, Pip sticking close to me but soon scampered off to take a dump in the bushes. "This is how you relieve yourself of boredom?" Sirius asked me, tying up his hair.

"Yep, but I only have a Quaffle and a Snitch," I told him. "So what do you do?" Sirius asked me. "I release the Snitch, wait for minute, fly up, try to catch it, see if I can beat my record."

"What's your record?" Sirius asked me. "Fifty one seconds," I told him. "But with my Firebolt, I can shave off a few seconds."

"Ooh, confident," Sirius poked fun at me. "I thought you were a Chaser?"

"I am but Seeker is my fallback if I'm playing for a big team," I smiled.

He let the Snitch out and was counting under his breath, letting the Snitch gain some distance. "And.....GO!"

I mounted my broom and I shot off. I flew around my garden, looking for the Snitch.

I found it zooming along the roof and I flew towards the roof. I landed near the edge and caught the Snitch landing on the roof. "Yes!" I jumped up in the air.

Then it occurred to me. I was on the roof of my house. "Where did the..."

I looked down to see it floating by the window. "Uh..Sirius?"

"Thirty seconds, Joy!" Sirius praised me. "Where are you?!"

I looked down to see him looking around the garden. "I'm up here!"

Sirius looked up and roared with laughter. "The Firebolt is too far down! I'm not jumping!" I shouted down. "How did you get stuck up there?!" Sirius asked me.

"Just help me!" I whined. "I'm not going down my chimney!"

Dad came into the garden. "I thought Joy was playing Quidditch, where is she?"

Sirius snapped his fingers and pointed up. Dad's jaw dropped. "Joy! Come down from there!"

"I would if I could but I can't use magic!" I shouted down. "What's going on?" Tia frowned as she came outside. "Joy's stuck on the roof," Sirius told her.

"SHE'S WHAT?!" Tia bellowed, looking up. "JOANNA HOPE JONES YOU COME DOWN FROM THERE!"

"I can't! That's the point of being stuck!" I snarked. An idea popped into my head. I looked over to see my balcony. "Alright," I murmured. I stuffed the Snitch into my pocket.

I got down on my knees, facing backwards, clinging onto the rain gutters. I jumped down, still hanging onto the rain gutters.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Dad, Tia and Sirius shrieked in unison.

"Trying to get down!" I grumbled. I let go of the rain gutters and landed on my balcony and I heard a crack and pain radiated through my body. "ARGH!" I shrieked in pain.

A minute later, Sirius, Dad and Tia ran onto the balcony. "What happened?"

"Broke my ankle," I told them. "You daft little witch," Tia shook her head. "I'm not on the roof anymore," I pointed out.

"Episkey," Dad flicked his wand and my ankle healed. "Come on you, bed," Sirius hoisted me up and helped me into my bed.

"Now, Angie will bring up your dinner okay?" Tia told me. "No more playing on the roof."

"Yes Mum," I muttered.