🌙54🌙

"Right, what's on today's agenda?" I surfed through my timetable. "Herbology with Hufflepuffs, Care of Magical Creatures with..eulch still Slytherin. Ooh yes double free period!"

"I thought you had Ancient Runes?" Ron frowned. "I have that tomorrow and Thursday," I told him. "Ah, two hours to myself."

Hermione was putting jam on her toast while I looked for the chocolate spread. "Decided to continue eating?" Ron snarked. "There are different ways to stand up for elf rights."

I bit into my toast. "Good for you."

In Herbology, we worked with Bubotubers. We had to squeeze them and collect the pus, which was a little gross. "You know this can help get rid of acne," Sprout told us. "Instead of cursing it off, make sure to wear dragon-hide gloves."

In Care of Magical Creatures, we dealt with Blast-Ended Skrewts which looked like deformed lobsters with really hard shells and they stink. So far I've had a sticky and very smelly day. "Only just hatched, so I thought you could raise them, think of it as a project," Hagrid told us.

"Why would we want to do that?!" Malfoy demanded. "What is the point of them?"

"You'll find out next class, you're just feeding them today," Hagrid told him.

***

The day was finally over and I was just exhausted. I pulled out my notebook and I found a message from Dad.

First day okay?

Just gross and smelly. I had Herbology and Care of Magical Creatures

Did you ever find out what that thing was in school?

Yeah, the Triwizard Tournament. Not allowed to enter, too young so you don't need to worry.

Biscuit enjoying retirement?

Yeah, he's happy he isn't flying to the Shrieking Shack ten times a week

Sirius is driving me crazy

Already? Why?

He's bored

Take him on a walk and make fun of him, at least you don't have to hear his thoughts in his Animagus Form

Poor you

I hate you both

Love you too Pads

I snorted and put my notebook away. "What's that?" Hermione asked me. "It's an enchanted notebook, my dad gave it to me," I told her.

Hermione was literally inhaling her food. "Mione, you're going to choke," I told her. "I need to get to the library," she told me. "We've hardly been here one day!" Ron exclaimed.

"See you three at dinner!" she shouted and ran off. "Ah, time to myself," I sighed in content. Ron glared at me. "Where are you going?" Harry asked me. "I am going to go to the Astronomy tower, read and eat chocolate," I smirked. "I could ditch Divination," Harry offered. It wouldn't seem like a terrible idea, having him there too, enduring my craziness over books. Harry and I usually never have time alone. I did with Ron and Hermione but never Harry, especially since Quidditch was cancelled this year. A small smile grew on my face.

"If you wa..."

"No way! You are not leaving me alone in Divination!" Ron insisted, putting his foot down. Harry looked a little sad. "Don't worry, I'll hear the complaints later," I reassured him. "I know Trelawney will drive you around the bend."