🌙43🌙

"Joy?"

I opened my eyes and I found myself in the hospital wing. I sat up and I winced. Hermione joined me by my bedside. "Are you alright?"

"What happened?"

"Lupin, he swiped at you and you fell down the hill," Hermione told me. I looked at my abdomen to see three long, thin, uneven scars. "Scars caused by werewolf claws are permanent, they'll be there forever," Hermione told me.

"Not my first scar," I admitted. "Where is Sirius? Did Pettigrew get caught? Did Sirius get exonerated?"

Hermione looked down and shook her head. "What happened?" I asked her, tears starting to fill my eyes.

"Pettigrew took the advantage of Lupin transforming and escaped, Sirius got caught, they..he's locked up," she told me.

I let out a very small whimper, crying. "Snape is blaming Sirius for everything, we overheard him," Hermione sniffled. "He told Fudge he had you under the Imperius Curse."

"WHAT?!" I freaked out. "What about my dad? He knows I did all of that out of my free will!"

"No one can find him," Hermione told me. "Madam Pomfrey, we need to see the Headmaster," Harry was begging her from across the hospital wing.

"It's alright, Potter, Black is locked away upstairs, they'll be performing the kiss at any moment," Madam Pomfrey said.

"Over my fucking dead body," I tried to get out of bed. The Minister came into the room. "Minister, Sirius Black is innocent!" I leapt out of my bed, while in a lot of pain. "Peter Pettigrew faked his death! You've got the wrong man!"

"Minister, he's innocent, Pettigrew did it!" Harry piped up. "It was Ron's rat, he was an unregistered Animagus!"

"See what I mean, Confunded," Snape told him. "How dare you!" I hissed at him. "We are not Confunded! And I was not under the Imperius Curse, you liar!"

Dumbledore came into the hospital wing. "Professor, please I'm telling the truth," I begged him.

"Oh, for heaven's sake! Jones, back to bed!" Madam Pomfrey ordered. "All of you leave me to take care of my patients!"

"Well, I had just talked to Sirius Black," Dumbledore told us. "And let me guess, his story matches Potter and Jones' story to the last detail," Fudge muttered.

"Peter Pettigrew was not in the Shrieking Shack!" Snape exclaimed. "That's because you were having a well deserved nap, Professor," I scowled.

"Let me speak to Miss Jones, Miss Granger and Mr Potter alone," Dumbledore proposed. "Cornelius, Severus, Poppy, leave us."

"You surely don't believe this ludicrous story," Snape gaped. "Go," Dumbledore ordered.

"He tried to kill me! Remember?!" Snape hissed at Dumbledore. "He's not a murderer, he's a good man," I defended Sirius.

Snape had turned on his heel and stormed out. "Professor, my father can back up the story," I told him. "Snape is doing this just because of some stupid schoolboy grudge!"

"Sirius has not acted innocent, Miss Jones," Dumbledore pointed out. "The kindness you have given Sirius over the past few months has been noted, therefore I award Gryffindor House twenty points."

"You knew I was bringing food to him?" I gaped.

"Well, I spoke to the elves and you requested for weeks worth food," Dumbledore pointed out. "But I do believe your story, Miss Jones but unless Pettigrew himself admits guilt, there is no chance of exoneration."