🌙19🌙

"Is your dad psychic? You didn't tell him about this did you?" Ron asked me.

"NO! Of course I didn't!" I exclaimed. "Dumbledore told him and the only things me and my father talk about are full moons and Quidditch."

I leaned back against the stall. "Can't believe Creevey got petrified."

"Which is why we need to get a move on, to stop Malfoy," Ron mumbled. I nodded in agreement.

The door opened and the three of us froze. "Ron!"

Ron whimpered in fear but Harry came around the corner, laughing his arse off. "Harry! That wasn't funny! I thought you were Percy!"

I couldn't help but stifle a laugh.

"There's something you need to know," Harry said to us. "Colin.."

"We know, Professor McGonagall told us," Hermione cut him off. "Dobby also came here last night," Harry told us. "He's the one that nearly got us expelled."

"What?!" me and Ron yelped. "That son of a..!" I kicked the wall hard. "Did that help?" Harry asked me. "Yes," I responded.

"Did it hurt?"

"...Yes." I clutched my foot.

"He also made that Bludger go after me," Harry sighed. "But he told me this...accidentally. Fifty years ago..the Chamber was opened..it exists."

"That means Lucius Malfoy opened it!" Ron exclaimed. "And gave the keys to precious Draco."

I frowned. "Is Lucius Malfoy really that old?"

"Well, Dobby was trying to get me to go home," Harry sighed, sinking to the floor. "By the sounds of things, he's either going to get you expelled or kill you," I mumbled.

***

"Jones, it's time," McGonagall told me. I nodded and I stood up. "Can't one of us stay with her?" Harry asked McGonagall.

"I'm afraid not Potter, I'm sorry," McGonagall mumbled. "I'll be okay," I reassured Harry. "It's not fair that you have to go through this pain alone," he sighed.

"I know but it's too dangerous..I'll be back in the morning."

I squeezed his hand before McGonagall led me out. McGonagall poked her wand at the knot at the bottom Whomping Willow and I went through the passage way. "I'll be back at dawn Jones," McGonagall told me.

I walked into the Shrieking Shack and I sat by the window, waiting for the full moon to get to its strongest.

"Lock it up," I whispered to myself. "Lock it up. Stay human."

The headaches started and I whimpered in pain. "Lock it up," I cried silently.

The pain soon became unbearable and I screamed, lying down on the dusty floor.

I was sobbing uncontrollably and screaming. I can't do this. I can't do this.

Oh Dad, how have you been doing this for years?

I screamed again once I felt a sharp pain, similar to a dagger being plunged into my stomach.

I yelled in pain. I felt the animal inside me trying to come to life but I tried my best to keep it caged up inside me. The pain started to fade and I was suddenly overwhelmed with sadness.

"Come on, Joy, you held on for years, another night should be no problem!" I wailed, hiding my face in my jumper

I wanted someone by my side, telling me to stay strong, giving me a reason to hold on and to keep going. I needed that but I couldn't have that.