🌙48🌙

"Joy, Joy, sweetheart, wake up."

I opened my eyes to see Dad. "What time is it?" I muttered. "Four, it's time to go," he told me. "Coming now," I muttered sitting up. I shook Ginny awake and I poked Hermione to wake her up. "It's go time."

"Already?" Ginny yawned. "I'm knackered."

"So am I," I murmured, rubbing my eyes. "Joy, where's the bathroom?" Hermione sighed. "Through there," I muttered.

She went into the bathroom as me and Ginny got dressed. I hauled my backpack over my shoulder, thank Godric I used that Undetectable Extension Charm last year.

The three of us went downstairs to meet the boys, Mr Weasley and Tia.

Mrs Weasley and Dad were there too. "Alright, have fun," Mrs Weasley bid us goodbye. I hugged my dad. "Don't let Snuffles annoy you too much."

"I won't," he chuckled. "I'm probably going back to bed."

The nine of us went out the door. "Where are Bill, Charlie and Percy?" Harry asked me as we left Elgin on foot. "They're Apparating, lucky," I sighed. "It's kind of like teleporting, although it's risky, you have to take a test, getting splinched is the last thing anyone wants."

"Splinched?" Harry frowned. "Meaning that you leave part of yourself behind," I explained. "How are we getting there?" Ginny wondered. "Portkey," I told her.

***

We were a good bit south by the time the sun was slightly visible.

"It's alright kids, we're nearly there," Tia reassured us. We were all about to collapse.

"Ah, Amos!" Mr Weasley greeted a tall man. "Oh, bloody hell," Tia complained. "You don't like him?" I asked her. "Alivia wasn't a fan of him, she never said why," she rolled her eyes and put on a fake smile.

I noticed that the man had a mouldy old boot in his hand. "Everyone, this is Amos Diggory and his son, Cedric," Mr Weasley did the introductions.

"Blimey, Arthur, didn't think we'd be all the way here, we had to Apparate here," Amos told him. "Tatiana."

"Amos," she muttered. "Cedric this is Tatiana Jones," Amos introduced her to him. "And this must be Joanna."

Cedric noticed me hanging in the back of the crowd. "Hey, Joy."

"Hi," I waved shyly at him. "Isn't that the girl who nearly knocked you off your broom, Ced?" Amos pointed at me. "She saved his life, Amos, you left out that little detail," Tia glowered at him.

"She did save me, Dad," Cedric pointed out. "I would've got struck if she didn't barrel into me."

"Yes but you didn't get struck, my boy is very modest," Amos told Arthur. "Unbelievable," Tia grumbled. "Remind me not to strangle him."

"Okay, now everybody touch the boot," Mr Weasley instructed us. I reached out and touched the boot.

Travelling by Portkey was a weird experience. Think about that Muggle movie. The Wizard of Ozzy? Something like that. Some girl got caught in a tornado. It was kind of like that.

"Everyone let go!" Tia yelled. I let go and I landed on my back. "Ow," I moaned. Tia landed on her feet, smirking. "Show off," I grumbled, standing up.

I followed the others across a deserted moor. "Okay, so boys are with me," Mr Weasley said. "Girls, you stay with Tatiana."

Tia walked up to a man. "Name?" he asked her. "Jones, one tent," Tia told him. "You and the Weasleys have the space up by the tent, one night?"

"Yes," Tia nodded. She handed him Muggle money to let us past. "Obliviate."