🌙42🌙

Snape's unconscious body was floating behind us as we were walking through the tunnels.

"I'm just glad that you weren't alone and in pain," Harry said to me. "It's just, I was always angry that I'd never be able to help you during full moons."

"I should be okay now, with the potion, Tia is bulk brewing it at home," I told him. "But my fits of anger weren't pleasant, I threw a chair or two at Sirius."

"If we're basing it on math, I'd say three!" Sirius called back. "Shut up, Sirius," I rolled my eyes.

"Lupin's your dad, Sirius was on our side the entire time, this has been an eventful year," Harry pointed out.

"Yeah, it has been," I nodded. "But once we get that rat to the castle, shove some Veritaserum down his throat, then everything goes back to normal, Sirius can go be free, my dad and I can catch up on lost time and I finally know what happened to her, she died trying to take him down."

I looked at Harry, hopefully. "You could live with us, with Sirius, with me and my aunt, get away from those awful Muggles."

Harry stopped me in my tracks before I could keep up. "You'd do that for me?"

"Of course I would, Harry," I said to him. "And I'm positive Sirius would love that more than anything. I think your parents would prefer him looking after you than the Dursleys."

"Couldn't agree more," Sirius piped up. "When can I move in?" Harry asked eagerly.

Sirius had a smile on his face. "Soon as I'm a free man."

I climbed out of the tunnel and it was night. I helped Harry and Sirius out and I pulled Hermione out too.

I looked up to see the stars, twinkling brightly. "That one's named after me," Sirius pointed up. "Other way around I think," I laughed. I frowned. "So the star Sirius is the Dog Star..."

I burst out laughing. "Your name is literally Dog Black!"

Sirius rolled his eyes. "Your father's name is basically Werewolf McWerewolf!" he exclaimed. "Is it?" I frowned. "Yes!" Sirius threw his arms up.

The moon lit up the field. "Potion kicked in yet?" Sirius asked me. "Yes, Dad," I laughed but a horrifying thought came to mind.

Snape said that Lupin didn't take his.

SHIT!

"It's not safe! He didn't take his potion!" Hermione panicked as Lupin began shaking.

Sirius rushed to his side and tried to make him remember. "You know the man you truly are, Remus! This heart is where you truly live! This heart! Here! This flesh is only flesh!"

It wasn't working. Watching him turn was something that no one could forget.

"DAD!" I tried to go over to him but Sirius pushed me back. "Don't! You can't go near him, he'll kill you."

He had finished transforming and I was frozen. "Dad, it's me! It's Joy, your daughter!"

He scampered forward, grinding his front paw into the ground, ready to pounce. "Dad, it's me, you know me, a part of you still does," I pleaded with him.

He couldn't understand me. What was the point of understanding me? Why would one want to understand their prey?

The human he once was, was forgotten for tonight and will be every night the moon is full in the night sky.

I cautiously approached him, the grass was folding underneath my feet, trying to appeal to the human inside him. It was going to be hard but I had to try.

"Dad? Listen to me, please..."

He howled loudly at the moon. He made a move for the others but I jumped in front of them. Sirius lunged at him and they were fighting, clawing at one another.

"STOP IT! YOU'LL GET HURT!" I shouted and I rushed forward to help. "JOY! NO!" my friends screamed as the wolf grew furious with my interference and swiped at me harshly, launching me down the hill. My robes began to get soaked with my blood, seeping from my side.

I lay down on the soil and wet leaves and everything had grown dark rather quickly.