🌙64🌙

"Just tell us!"

"No!"

"Joy?"

"Don't tell them, Joy!"

I couldn't stop laughing at their petty argument. "They're going to find out anyway, Mione."

"Don't you dare," Hermione gave me a look. I sighed in exasperation. "Ron, we're not telling you who asked us and that's final!" she snapped.

"You're joking, right?" Malfoy came up to us with his usual sneer. "Are you actually saying some asked that jumped up big molared Mudblood and the mutt to the ball?"

"Hi, Professor Moody," I waved at him from across the corridor and Malfoy paled visibly. "Twitchy ferret," Hermione taunted him. "Call her that again, I'll hex you!"

Malfoy scurried away. "I didn't even notice," I pointed at Hermione's mouth. "I had them shrunk down a tiny bit more than usual," she told me.

The four of us walked back to the common room where Pig was bouncing around. "If you have a letter, you hand it over! You don't show off!" Ron grumbled impatiently.

He snatched the letter away from the bird. "It's Sirius," he told us.

Harry took the letter and read it. "He says congratulations and that a Conjuctivitis curse could have helped too and told me to stay out of trouble and there's a PS here uh 'PS Tell Joy she's not to be snogging any boys at this so called ball.'"

"I'm going to kill him," I grumbled.

***

Christmas Eve arrived, the night of the Yule Ball. I was helping Hermione to apply her hair potion. "Ugh, I hate having this bush," she complained. "It could be worse," I told her, flattening her hair. "I've got it, you go pack," Hermione said.

She took the potion as I packed the wrapped presents I received in my trunk. "There we go," I muttered. "It's a real shame that you can't stay for Christmas Day," Hermione lamented. "I know but I should go home," I told her. "It's the first proper Christmas with my dad."

"Let me know how it goes," Hermione smiled at me and fixed her dress. "Ready?"

"Ready."

The two of us walked down the stairs to find our partners. I found Cedric and walked over to him. "Wow!" he gasped.

"What?"

"You look amazing," he smiled. "Thank you," my cheeks were currently the same colour as my dress. "You look very handsome."

"Champions over here please!" McGonagall called. "I need to apologise in advance for the damage I'm about to do to your feet," I muttered to Cedric. "And vice versa," he whispered.

"Joy?! Hermione?!"

I looked over my shoulder to see Harry with Parvati, looking gobsmacked. "Oh, hi, Harry," I smirked.

I walked in and everyone was gaping, even Malfoy and Parkinson! They couldn't find a single insult to throw at me. "Whoa, is that Jones?" I overheard Malfoy. "Don't look at that bitch," I heard Parkinson hiss at him.

Thankfully, Cedric didn't hear them. The Great Hall looked like a proper ballroom from a fairytale, that Muggle one, either the girl who had a fairy godmother or the girl who fell in love with a beast.

I found Ron in the crowd, whose eyes were fixed on Hermione and Viktor.

Next people I laid my eyes on were Tia and Dad, who came so she didn't have to talk to anyone else. She spotted me and widened her eyes and whacked Dad on the arm and nodded in my direction. "Don't look ahead," I whispered to Cedric. "Parents?" he wondered. "Hang on, is that Professor Lupin? With your aunt?"