chapter 66: Violin

The rest of the break had gone so fast but you still haven't used your new violin yet. You've tried but every time you do you end up breaking down in tears. Your mom had taught you how to play. It makes you cry every damn time. You don't know how many times one of the boys had walked in on you crying. Tomorrow was the first day of the new term though and you were determined to play it.
"Auntie! I'm going just to the gazebo." You hadn't forgotten what happened the day of the Christmas party. No one wanted to mention it. You walk to the gazebo and open the violin case. You take the bow out and get it ready to play you pick up the violin with shaking hands. You put it to your shoulder and rest your chin on the rest. You start crying then but bring the bow to the strings. You play a few notes, you let out a laugh that turned into a sob but play a basic tune. You hear footsteps behind you and bony arms wrapping around you before putting headphones on you. You glance over your shoulder to see Forté. He gives you a small smile and puts on so calming Classic rock on and you start to calm down. After a couple songs you take them off and hand them back.
"Thanks."
"No problem. I have a question though."
"What's up?"
"Well most of us are graduating this year. Have you thought if you want to go to prom?" You look at him surprised. 
"I haven't. Been too busy with…. Well everything."
"You should think about it." 
"I will."
"Where'd the violin come from?"
"Christmas present from the fell bros. Red remembered that I used to play…."
"You don't sound happy about it." 
"No no no. Its just… mom taught me how to play. It reminds me of her."
Forté looks over the violin and picks it up. "They must have gotten your aunt to help pay for it. This is really good craftsmanship."
"It wouldn't surprise me. You should have seen how Cammie and Auntie spoiled them." You say with a laugh.
The two of you talk for a while and you manage to play a song without breaking down. The two of you go to your respective houses. Red was sitting at the island cracking jokes at Edge who was cooking when you came in. Neither noticed you so you smile slightly and take out the violin. You start playing and they both shut up. You finish your song and they're both grinning at you.
After a few more hours you all go to bed. You had a pleasant dream that night but can't remember what it was. You look through your clothing trying to decide what to wear. You decide on a green off the shoulder tank top and blue jeans. You throw on your leather jacket and biker boots before grabbing your book bag. You go down stairs to see the boys.
"Heya boys." You say as you slide to a stop at the bottom of the railing. Edge groans at you and walks away. You look to Red and see him still wearing your present. "He really doesn't like me sliding down this."
"He sees ya as family. Don't want ya to get hurt." He says. You roll your eyes and jump off the railing.
"I'm not gonna get hurt doing that. I've done it thousands of times." You say.  You walk to Red and smirk at him. "Shortcut?" He grins back before hugging you close to him and teleporting you to school.
"So ya gonna be okay bein back?"
"Are you kidding me? I was going crazy stuck at home." You look over and see G walking towards you. Your face goes cold as he stops in front of you. Red pulls you to him with a snarl.
"Back off fuck boy."
"Relax Red, I ain't gonna hurt her." He says with his hands up. "I wanna apologize." You scoff and cling to Red. He was making you even more uneasy than before the break.
"Why would you want to do that? Last I heard you liked to scare people."
"I didn't know what Lust wanted to do to ya. I was just trying to freak ya out enough that you'd come to me…." He shoves his hands into his pockets and you're mad. Not just mad but livid. 
"Go away. Leave me alone." You push away from Red and start going to the school building. You didn't trust yourself not to accidentally hurt your friend. You're pulled towards G with yellow magic and you snap. Before you even know what you're doing you hear flesh collide with bone. You'd slapped him. Hard at that. "Put. Me. Down." He does and you storm into the school with Red following you. You see your friends at your locker and you push to it without saying anything. 
"(Y/N)?" Nightmare says and you roll your eyes.
"What." You say coldly as you hang your jacket and bag in your locker.
"What happened? Your anger is off the charts." Dream says.
"That fuck boy pissed me off." Your voice was laced with venom. You didn't even care who was around. "So I slapped him."
Everyone is shocked into silence. "It was….. somethin ta see." Red says. "G really was askin for it though."
You hear one of them step towards you and you hold up a hand. "Don't come closer. I'm mad enough that I might accidentally hurt you." Everyone freezes at that. You hear footsteps and a voice that annoyed the hell out of you.
"(Y/N)." Geno says and you groan.
"The hell do you want?" You hiss at him and he steps back while holding up his hands.
"Easy there. Just wanted to see how you were doing. I mean you did miss exams." You scoff and turn away before your head pounds. You groan while holding it as you see flashes of what happened on the day of the party. You start crying and Sans is immediately there hugging you. You push him back and turn to Geno.
"You….. you were there…… that day….." he looks surprised then looks away.
"Yeah….. had to follow him…. Felt something was wrong but…… never expected that……." You let your books fall from your arms then you take off through the school. You literally run into Black and Mutt.
"(Y/N) WHAT'S GOING ON?" He goes to help you up but you back away.
".....did you know……." You had teary eyes still and Black looks surprised. "DID YOU KNOW IT WAS HIM?!" You scream drawing the attention of everyone. He looks away in shame. You back up and scow at him. "Just when I thought you weren't so bad." You turn to see Edge and Red both standing there. Edge grabs your arm but you rip it off leaving cuts from his sharp gloves on your arm. He looked shocked. You walk away without another word.