chapter 24: Second chances

You skid into the kitchen and try to calm down. Embarrassment had taken hold and your face was beet red. They were jerks! But they're your jerks. You didn't realize how much you'd missed this stuff. You never realized that before. You let out a soft laugh.
"Hey, you know I was just teasing you right?" You hear Ink say.
"Yeah I know. I overreacted." You say without turning to him. Suddenly your hoodie felt too warm and you pulled it off. You were wearing a halter top underneath. You grabbed a cup and filled it with water. After drinking it you put the cup in the dishwasher. Ink was right behind you and lightly traced some of the scars in your shoulder. His phalanges were cold to the touch so you shivered slightly. "Ink?"
"I really am sorry you've gone through this all." He mumbles.
"Ink, you're the one who called the fire department. You saved my life that day. If you hadn't I would have suffered a slow agonizing death. No matter how hurt I get I'm glad I got a second chance." He hugs you with one arm around your waist and the other around your shoulders. 
"Can things ever go back between the two of us?....." you chuckle softly before turning and hugging him.
"Everyone deserves a second chance. You know I believe that more than anything."
"How is your soul still so bright?"
"Because I know there's still people who care. And lots who love me." You say. He laughs softly. 
"You're right about that. You'll always gather people who care. Oh, there's going to be a talent show at the end of the semester. You should sing."
"E-eh?" You ask and blush again. 
"It's been so long since people have heard you sing. I know some would love to hear it again."
"(Y/N)!" You hear Blue yell.
"Blue, I'm in the kitchen with her!" Ink calls. You see Blue, Dream and Nightmare run in. Nightmare sees you hugging Ink and you roll your eyes. "Guess what guys." 
"What's up?" Dream asks.
"(Y/N) is gonna sing for the talent show." He says and grins at you.
"EXCUSE ME?! I NEVER SAID THAT!" You yell and you hear the others race down the stairs. 
"But you'd be amazing with it."
"I don't care! I never said I would!"
"DOES THAT MEAN YOU WON'T?" Blue says in a disappointed voice. You look over and see that he's upset. You sigh and run a hand over your face.
"Fine I'll do it." You groan out.
"YAY!" Blue cheers and the twins grin at you. Ink was slowly backing up.
"Ink, you have to play guitar though." I say and he winces.
"But sunshine…"
"No buts. Your idea, you help." 
"I wanna do your outfits!" Dream exclaims. You look at him in shock.
"You do?"
Nightmare laughs. "Dream is big into fashion." 
"Fine but-"
"You're gonna show off all you got. I mean you've already went out in short sleeves last weekend." He says and you pale slightly. 
"Dream I don't think…."
"We'll protect ya sweetheart." Red says. You see the others in the doorway. All the adults are smiling and your friends have determined looks on their faces.
"Fine but until the talent show that day I'm wearing a cardigan or sweater over top." You say and the others nod. "You guys are such pains."
"(Y/N) be nice to your friends." Clover says.
"I AM being nice." You state. Ink looks at you in fake hurt.
"How mean!"
"Did I say that you always are?"
"Nope." Rus says.
"So I'm not that mean." You say and everyone laughs. 
For the next few hours you guys argue about songs and such but then settled on one. "You're sure you want to do this one?" Ink says. 
"Yeah, may as well. I know it can be taken a few different ways but that's fine."
"We may have to practice it." Ink says and you go to start practicing. 

(You guys are awesome 232 reads and 46 votes already?! I cant believe it. Thank you!)