chapter 27: Close calls

You wake up to your phone ringing and you groan and tell to pick it up. You see the time on your clock and see that its 3 in the morning. You don't check the ID before answering with a yawn. "Hello?..."
"S-sunshine?...." you hear Ink say in a small voice. 
"Inky? Are you okay?" You were immediately awake and concerned. 
"I…. do you mind if I ask you something?....." his voice was so weak.
"Inky, where are you?" You go and pull on Sweats and a loose shirt. It was a very short sleeved shirt before pulling on runners and your pink scarf.
"It doesn't matter……"
"Ink, tell me."
"....I'm visiting with your parents…… hey sunshine?....."
"Ink keep talking to me." You jog down the stairs and grab your house keys. You leave the house and lock the door. You start jogging to where he was.
"Do you think they'd be mad at me?...." he asks and lets out a sob as you pick up your pace. "W-who am I kidding….. o-of course they would be….."
"I-Ink!" You call out and the line goes dead. You pick up your pace to a sprint. You had to get to him. You were almost there and you push yourself harder. You see the gates and skid around the corner and see Ink sitting in front of your parent's grave. The sky was clear and it was a full moon so you could see him perfectly. He had shorts, his shoes and a tank top on. His scarf was noticeably missing. You see a few different things on the ground in front of him. All things that could be used to hurt a human or monster alike. You notice him reaching for one and you tackle him.
You manage to pin him on his back. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" You yell at him. You notice the tears running down his face. You were crying yourself. "I know you're feeling guilty for everything Ink. I know it. I can see it every time you think I'm not looking. Do you really think this will make everything better though? I'll tell you something, it won't. If you die how will you ever make up for your sins?"
He just stares at you. You move to sit on his chest, pinning his arms under your knees. He tries to shake you off but you don't move. You pull out your phone and make a group call with Blue and Dream. They both answer sleepily. "(Y/N), is everything okay? Its 3:30 in the morning…." Dream groans out.
"Yes, it is very early." Blue says with a yawn.
"Can you two meet me at Hero's paradise graveyard? Something important is going on." Ink was still trying to get out from under you while crying. "Stay still you idiot! I'm trying to help you!" You shout at him and the others go completely silent. 
"Who's with you?" Blue asks.
"Please just get here. I cant do this without you." You hang up the phone as Ink manages to throw you off him. You roll once and see him walking towards the stuff he had with him. You tackle him again and roll with him in the opposite direction. 
"......get off of me…… I have to do it……" he says with a dull voice. 
"No you don't!" You yell and hear two sets of footsteps coming to you. Looking up you see Dream and Blue. "Can you two get rid of that stuff?" You indicate to the stuff laying on the ground. 
"Don't you dare!" Ink yells at them. They do what you asked anyways. They were dressed for the colder weather of the night so you shiver slightly.
"Inky….. let us help you…" you say as you hug him. You didn't care about the cold. You needed to help your friend. He slowly stops struggling and hugs you back. "The only way mom and dad would be mad at you is if you did what you wanted to do…." you whisper in his ear. You pull him up and talk him to the tombstone. You put a hand on it and Ink does too his knees give out. You catch him and you both sink to your knees. You hear Dream and Blue come behind you after doing what you'd asked.
Dream puts a hand on Ink's shoulder and Blue hugs him. "This is my parent's grave…." you say to them.
"I came here to……. make amends……. in a way……."
"That way was stupid!" Blue yells at him.
"Let's all go over to Ink's place. I'll talk to Com." You said and Dream opens a portal to Inks livingroom. You go up to Com's room and get her up.
"(Y/N)? Why are you here?"
"Ink isn't doing too good. He called me from mom and dad's grave saying ridiculous things. I got there fast but he was…. I think he was going to hurt himself. I got Dream and Blue to get there too and they're also downstairs. I…. I'm worried about him. He has so much negative emotions bottled up….. we'll stay the night to make sure he's okay so don't mind if you hear movies playing." She sighs like it was expected.
"Thank you. I'll keep him home from school today. Take care of my son please…."
"Always have. See you in a few hours." You go back to the livingroom to see Blue wrapping Ink up in blankets and Dream putting in a movie. You go over and sit next to Ink. "Where's your scarf?"
"....bedroom….." he mumbles. You nod before going to get it. You shiver, just realizing how cold you actually were. You grab his scarf and quickly go back and sit next to Ink. Blue hands you a soft fluffy blanket after you wrap the scarf around Ink's neck. You wrap it around it then cuddle to Ink as the movie starts. Dream sits on his other side and Blue lays in front of us all. 
"Have you slept?" He shakes his head.  You sigh and pull him so he's laying down. His feet were in Dream's lap and his head in yours. You start petting his head just as the movie starts. "Blue, Dream, we should all stay the rest of the night. You should let your families know." Ink immediately closes his eyes at your touch. 
"Already did." Dream responds. 
You continue to pet Ink's head as he slips into a sleep. You watch the movie and soon the others are out. Blue fell asleep where he was and Dream draped himself over Ink before he did. As the movie ends you turn off the DVD player and TV using the remotes and fall asleep with your friends.